Flash Video - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 30th, 2008, 09:31 PM   #16
Inner Circle

The flash spark codec is very inferior to wmv for a given bitrate. This is what is being used on many video sharing sites that use flash, because it is a free codec. Comes with super c, etc. I'd guess it comes with winnydows.

The flash VP6 codec is at least in the same league as wmv for a given bitrate. Not quite as good, but really pretty good. This is what you get with the flash app from Adobe. It's costly.

The VP6 codec can also be purchased (sorenson? on2?) for use in sorenson squeeze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Stark
What you can't seem to easily do is, for example, only display the mute or volume button, or overlay a logo, or show a transparent control panel over the video that appears on hovering etc - all the things that I want to do! :-(
That's the thing - flash is the king of layer control. Nobody does layer control like flash. However. There is a new-ish MS technology meant to be a flash-killer, called silverlight that offers an xml development environment, great browser integration (if you happen to be running IE...), and automagic plugin updates to work cross browser cross platform, just like flash... but can also integrate WMV streams.
Seth Bloombaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 09:11 PM   #17
Major Player

Very efficient workflow I use

I wrote a how to on my blog using Vegas Pro 8, Debugmode Frameserver and On2 Flix Pro (use version 8.500 - later versions don't seem to work correctly)

You can read the how to here
Old October 9th, 2008, 12:44 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Cliff, many thanks for this. I had a fling with Frameserver a few years back but never really explored the possibilities. Looks like it might be time to dust it down.

Very much enjoyed reading other posts on your blog as well - I recommend others take a browse through - some interesting material and opinions there.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...