AVCHD to best format for web video? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 30th, 2008, 01:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

AVCHD to best format for web video?

Hi all,

I've been rendering some projects shot with an SR12 to wmv. (Shot in 1920x1080 outputs in 1440x1080, and btw, is there a reason for this? When I output in 1920x1080 the image doesn't look right. Pixel aspect ratio is set to 1.33 HD 1080, which I believe is correct. So there is the image aspect ratio and the pixel aspect ratio to consider.)

My problem with wmv is that it takes forever, even on this new quad-core I just built. I read that wmv is the best output codec for web video in Vegas, and from what I've seen I agree. The Main Concept plugin is too artifacty. But what about things like Divx or Xvid, or some other high quality compression codec (Maybe I should try the QT plugin)? Is there a way to use those inside Vegas and render? Opinions on what the best format is to upload to sites like Vimeo or Blip.tv? And btw, I'm also looking for something that gets the most quality to file size ratio.

Cheers,

David H.
David Horwitz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...