Transition Help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 25th, 2008, 02:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Transition Help

Is it possibe to apply a transition within the boundaries of a mask applied in the pan/crop tool?
Ron Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2008, 12:14 AM   #2
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Anderson View Post
Is it possibe to apply a transition within the boundaries of a mask applied in the pan/crop tool?
Well, IF I understand you correctly, then yes, I;ve just done this. But I think you are asking something more than that?

Are you asking for the Mask itself to BE a transition? Do you have an example of what you want? Is it you want the mask you create to BE the transition in some way?

Or do you want the transition to ONLY have affect WITHIN the boundaries of the Mask? - Maybe that's it?

Hmmmmm...

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2008, 05:08 AM   #3
Inner Circle

If I understand correctly you want the transition to affect only the portion within the mask and not that portion outside of it....I think not. Wouldn't work.

However, if you took the masked area, put it on it's own timeline in another project and rendered out by itself and then reintroduced it to your original timeline that might work. That is if I understand what you're saying, which I'm not sure I am.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2008, 01:29 PM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

The mask would need to be applied separately from the clips but, yes, it could be done.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...