vegas and ex series cameras at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 10th, 2008, 08:57 AM   #1
Major Player

vegas and ex series cameras

anyone have that match? I am interested to know how smooth everything is.
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 09:18 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Open clip in Clipbroswer > export MXF > open clip in Vegas > edit

Couldn't be simpler.
Old November 10th, 2008, 10:00 AM   #3
Major Player

I dont have the gear yet, so I wasnt able to test it out. but it works pretty well then?
I was hearing that the extra software you have to run slows it down a bit. but it sounds like that might not be the case?
Old November 10th, 2008, 10:24 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Extra software? Not sure what you mean. I've been editing my EX1 stuff since July using the method I just described. I'm loading up a 2 hour project right now as I am typing this. Not sure what extra software there would be.
Old November 10th, 2008, 11:12 AM   #5
Major Player

maybe I heard wrong, but I thought clip browser was an external application, so having to open that, run your clips from that to vegas was what I was talking about.

I thought you could just plug the camera in, and pull the clips straight to vegas.
Old November 10th, 2008, 11:38 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Oh,

Nope you can't. That's why my workflow in the first message indicated the clipbrowser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Planchon View Post
maybe I heard wrong, but I thought clip browser was an external application, so having to open that, run your clips from that to vegas was what I was talking about.

I thought you could just plug the camera in, and pull the clips straight to vegas.
Old November 10th, 2008, 12:42 PM   #7
Major Player

but you obviously seem to think it works well. so thats good to know. thanks.
Old November 10th, 2008, 01:46 PM   #8
Trustee

Ian, you need to get the footage from the EX1 memory card onto your pc to edit.
Either use windows, ie go to "my computer" find the memory card, "right click" > copy to internal or external hard-drive.
Or open clip browser, find the memory card and copy, with clip browser, from the card to the pc. No difference really between the 2 methods except that clip browser can check that the footage has copied correctly, before you erase the memory card.

You can either copy the raw files form the card to the pc, then rewrapp the files into mxf from the hard drive destination to another hard drive destination, this means that you'll always have the raw files from the camera, or, you can rewrap to mxf straight from the card to the hard drive in one go.

I was once in the position that you are, ie, trying to work out the workflow without the camera and cards and clip browser in front of me, once i had everything though it all became so clear.

Paul.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...