Contour ShuttlePro v2 with Vegas 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 11th, 2008, 07:24 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Contour ShuttlePro v2 with Vegas 8

I bought a shuttlePRO v2 and when I tried to install I could not find Vegas 8 as a target application. On the cd that came with it, it only went to Vegas 6. I went to the Contour Design website and could only find Vegas 7. Can this be used? Do I have to customize the settings to work with Vegas 8? I tried the Vegas 7, but got no movement within a sample clip using the ShuttlePro. I thought there would be more directions with the unit. I am a little lost after hearing how much this tool would help. I think I really need it!
Chris Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2008, 09:12 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Open ShuttlePro2 Control Panel (i.e. click the icon in system tray and select "Open Control Panel").
Choose "Options - Import Settings".
Navigate to your Sony app directory (std: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 8.0) and select the appropriate prefs-file.

If you're running Vista 64, check out the Vista 64 & Contour Shuttle Pro2 thread for some "gotchas".

Last edited by Mike Kujbida; November 11th, 2008 at 10:05 AM.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2008, 12:00 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks, Mike,

I will try it as soon as I get home.

Chris
Old November 13th, 2008, 07:34 AM   #4
Regular Crew

It worked!

Mike,

Thanks for your help. Tried it and I am up and running.

Thanks again,

Chris
Old November 13th, 2008, 08:08 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Glad to hear that Chris.
Now all you have to do is configure it :-)
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2008, 01:14 AM   #6
Major Player

I don't have the Pro but the Express. Using the software from the Countour site I got it run fine on Vista 64. But what I want to know is how other users are configuring their Shuttles, Pro or Express. I had no trouble in figuring out settings for the shuttle and scrubber, but as for the buttons, what are people setting up for Vegas and why? Thanks for any ideas guys.

Last edited by Chris Swanberg; November 20th, 2008 at 12:23 PM.
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2008, 10:45 AM   #7
Major Player

The Shuttle buttons I have setup and use the most are the one that plays and stops without returning to the first frame and another button that plays and does return to the start frame.

I made a button to render and playback a preview WMV of a selection with one click.

I made one button to move a clip one layer up and another button to move the clip back into place.

I'm not at my Vegas computer but these are the ones I remember and use the most.
Old November 20th, 2008, 03:43 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Hmmmm...

My general setup is still evolving, but what I find is I program a button to do any function you find you have to reach for KBD or mouse to do...

start/stop, as well as the start/stop and return to start point (whatever the technical name is), split (for editing on the timeline) delete (select with mouse hit button to delete clips just split)... UNDO (sadly all too obvious why...). I'm fiddling with the presets (the stock ones that are preprogrammed) jump to marker, and I'm sure there are some other things I'll eventually add.

My goal is to eliminate the KBD almost entirely, mouse in right hand on chair arm, Shuttle on left chair arm, lean back and edit in relaxed mode!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2008, 08:28 PM   #9
Inner Circle

I have my Shuttle set for split all tracks, start and stop ( and return) delete highlighted clip, ripple edit on delete and have the buttons set the same so that it doesn't matter if I am in Vegas or Edius they do the same things. There are others like set marker, disable clip, remove filter, save etc. For Edius I also have a button set to go in and out of multicam mode.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2008, 09:36 PM   #10
Wrangler

Does anyone know how I can set up the jog wheel to emulate scrubbing with audio? I haven't been able to crack that egg just yet.

regards,

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 08:06 AM   #11
Sponsor: JET DV

I believe if you use the outside wheel you WILL get audio but if you use the inside wheel you won't.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 02:32 AM   #12
Archivist for SMECC

mine still does not work with vegas 8

have shuttle pro v2 tried the import.... no items show in menu except the old ones... still does not work... help??

See The Communications and Computation Museum at:
Museum Website

See The Glendale Arizona Videosphere - KKAT-TV At:
Glendale Daily Planet KKAT-TV CouryGraph Productions

Click For Red Camera In Action
Ed Sharpe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...