titling software. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 13th, 2008, 10:13 AM   #16
Major Player

nicely done Ian.

I've used some full screen Jumpbacks in Avid and just cropped them down to a lower third and it's worked well. Easy way to make a "themed" set, but using the full JB as a graphic backdrop for the title and then squeeze/crop it for a lower third. I'm using Vegas at home for my own projects, still with an older version of Avid at work, but moving toward Vegas. Just need to get around state purchasing regs etc.
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 01:53 PM   #17
Trustee

Ian Stark u r my MICHAEL JORDAN!
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 12:44 AM   #18
Inner Circle

If only I had his money . . .

Thanks Marcus! There are many more sophisticated Vegas users out there!
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 04:21 AM   #19
Trustee

Seriously i really appreciate it,thx IAN "AIR" Stark!I'd like 2 learn to create videos as background of my lower thirds.....
Old March 10th, 2009, 08:58 AM   #20
Regular Crew

As mentioned earlier by Don Bloom, Bluff Titler is a neat piece of software for $50. Some of the effects are a little over the top, but the inclusion of texturing and particle attachment allows for some very nice 3d stuff for my casual level of work.
Michael Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 10:01 AM   #21
Trustee

Hey Mike, where can i buy it?
thx a lot
Old March 10th, 2009, 10:29 AM   #22
Regular Crew

BluffTitler DX9: Realtime 3D Video Titling, Motion Graphics and VJ Effects.
Michael Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 10:57 PM   #23
Regular Crew

This is start up DVD video for a magician that I created using Digital Juice and Bluff Titler.
DVD Introduction Media Video on Vimeo

I have started to use DJ Fonts as well. I am working to coordinated print, web and video titles to have the same look and feel.

I also use Heroglyph from time to time. I can usually get a good looking title in quick order. This video uses Heroglyph
http://www.vimeo.com/2584336
Old March 15th, 2009, 02:31 AM   #24
Inner Circle

Nice work, Harold.

To pick up on your 'coordinated print, web and video' comment, I'm almost always bound by the client's existing look and feel, especially font choice and colours. The big guys (like T-Mobile, Tesco, IBM etc) have style guides that run into 50+ pages in some cases! Before they will sign off on a project, it has to be viewed by the 'brand police' - if there is any deviation from their guidelines they will will reject it without hesitation. Deviations could be slight colour differences, use of substitute fonts, alteration of their logo or text style in any way (eg making it 3d). Sometimes it feels a little restricting, but on the other hand it does mean that I know exactly where I stand and I don't have to come up with new ideas each time!

But playing with Bluff Titler looks like a lot of fun!
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2009, 07:16 AM   #25
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Stark View Post
Nice work, Harold.

To pick up on your 'coordinated print, web and video' comment, I'm almost always bound by the client's existing look and feel, especially font choice and colours. The big guys (like T-Mobile, Tesco, IBM etc) have style guides that run into 50+ pages in some cases! Before they will sign off on a project, it has to be viewed by the 'brand police' - if there is any deviation from their guidelines they will will reject it without hesitation. Deviations could be slight colour differences, use of substitute fonts, alteration of their logo or text style in any way (eg making it 3d). Sometimes it feels a little restricting, but on the other hand it does mean that I know exactly where I stand and I don't have to come up with new ideas each time!

But playing with Bluff Titler looks like a lot of fun!
Thanks Ian, For most of the stuff that I do (local business), no one really has an official logo that they worry about. Sometimes I can get a jpg but almost never. I usually try to match the lettering or Photoshop out the signage from the business. Titles are always a pain for me. It really makes a difference in your work regardless if it is Sony Titles or 3rd party stuff. I always have to go back and look at all the titles because I have a tendency to make them too large!! :)
Old March 15th, 2009, 08:20 PM   #26
Major Player

Harold I have also been a fan of DJ and have been playing with various of their products in my productions. I have been on the fence on the DJ Fonts. I'd like to hear your assessment of them as you have and use them Thanks

Chris

PS what other (if any) compositing or Special effects software are you using?
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2009, 05:59 PM   #27
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Swanberg View Post
Harold I have also been a fan of DJ and have been playing with various of their products in my productions. I have been on the fence on the DJ Fonts. I'd like to hear your assessment of them as you have and use them Thanks

Chris

PS what other (if any) compositing or Special effects software are you using?
Hello Chris,
There are several things I like about the fonts. The community fonts is a great idea and gives you additional versions of fonts that everyone shares with the community. I have seen some very nice variations there. It is very difficult for me to get creative when it comes to titles but DJ really gives you the tools you need that focus on font creation plus you can open them up in Photoshop for more customization. The fonts provide options for all delivery formats you need and the resolution you want. So I can match the video titles to the DVD cover to the website. You can break them up by line or character for more creativity on the time line. I use Vegas for compositing. Right now I don't have any examples to share but using the Juicer I will be able to customize a font with playing card pips for the magician that I do work for. I bought the fonts on the first day to take advantage of the $50 gift certificate. Hope this helps with your decision.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...