Green line in the bottom of the clip..Why? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 16th, 2008, 06:15 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Green line in the bottom of the clip..Why?

Hallo DViusers, this is Stefano, (my first post here) and i'd like to ask you what does it mean the green line in the bottom of a clip in the timeline when i import the m2t!I noticed that those strange line appears when in the end of the clip there's a drop!When i capture the m2t with vegas i've never read about any dropped frames on the display!
I'd also let u know that i'm capturing those files with a deck or a Fx1.Same results!

thx a lot and happy 2 join your community!
Stefano Sernagiotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 10:21 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Welcome, Stefano! I do not have an answer, but wanted to say hello and welcome you to our board!

Since is usually bit quieter here on Sunday mornings, getting a response may not be as fast as usual, but I'm sure someone will jump in eventually!
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hy Jeff,I really appreciate your welcome!I hope 2 get an answer cause i m trying to find what could cause this problem,my laptop has a CORE2Extreme with nvidia quadro fx3600 and 4GBof ram....My hardware should be more than uptated,it's brand new!
BTW happy to hear this kind of approach 2 a newbie!
Old November 16th, 2008, 11:49 AM   #4
Inner Circle

You'll love this board, it's friendly and we have some real experts who are not shy about helping out when they can.

I do not shoot HD yet so I don't know anything about your issue. Hang in there!
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 12:10 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thx Jeff,i really appreciate!Hope 2 hear u soon!
Stef
Old November 17th, 2008, 03:54 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I wanted also to tell you that when appears this green line there's a frame of the next clip!Thx
Old November 17th, 2008, 04:19 AM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefano Sernagiotto View Post
I wanted also to tell you that when appears this green line there's a frame of the next clip!Thx
Is this footage HDV?

This is only in the editing software, NOT in the raw footage correct? i.e. nothing could have got messed up during your capture?
Oliver Darden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2008, 04:26 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Wassup OLI!Nice 2 meet u!Yep we'r talking about HDV files.When i capture with V8 it says 0 dropped frames.As i watch the tape through deck on the tv it seems perfect!
I tryed HDV split but the situation got worst!What do u think?
Old November 22nd, 2008, 04:08 AM   #9
Major Player

Have you got your project settings matching your video? That would be something Id be checking.

If I watch my HDV footage afer I capture with CAPDVHS (excellent and free video capturing program) and I watch the footage on Win Media Player there is the green line at the bottom of picture. But after I begin to edit in V8 with appropriate project settings, I dont see the green line.

Cheers

Jamie
Jamie Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 11:22 AM   #10
Regular Crew

I never had the green line problem until I went from 8.0B to 8.0C last week and now I have it

When I capture hdv, it is at the end of the clip where there is a small amount of the first part of the next clip. (I have always had the issue with part of another clip being present when capturing hdv, and routinely trim clips that I intend to use to eliminate this). I have found that in the case of the clips with the green line that trimming away the unwanted part, causes the green line to disappear and the clip to play correctly.

I have not yet tried footage captured with 8.0c in a production, so at this point that is all of my experience with this problem. Also it is not every clip that shows the green line--I would guess about 1/3 of them .

Last edited by Willard Hill; December 10th, 2008 at 11:22 AM. Reason: error
Willard Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2008, 12:54 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Waths up WILL?Yep i can confirm you that about 1/3 of clips show this issue to me 2.....
Pretty bad,so what i usually do is to trim exactly like you the last frame with the guilty green line....
Anybody else has any suggestion?
Stefano Sernagiotto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...