I am rattled.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 28th, 2008, 12:39 AM   #1
Regular Crew

I am rattled....

I have to add some text to an existing video and requested the agency to supply the video (30sec) on disc in an uncompressed AVI format. (can’t use their miniDV tape – Canon cam does not capture DVCAM?)
Anyway… I received a .mov file but Vegas only pulls in the audio into the timeline. (Video: Stream attributes could not be determined)
GSpot reports the codec as “Optibase VideoPump 10-bit 4:2:2 Component Y'CbCr”
I have tried each and every player to play this video but all I get is a white screen. I thought an uncompressed file is just what it is? i.e. No Codec applied – nothing – nada!? Or am I confused?
What options do I have to “transcode” / playback or edit this file?
Using Sony Vegas 8.0b
Any advice is appreciated
Thanks
Björn Rehder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2008, 02:01 AM   #2
Major Player

I had a similar problem when a post house returned some finished rotoscope work to me as a .MOV. It crashed Vegas so just asked them to send me an AVI instead which was no problem at all.

Sounds to me like they ignored your request for an uncompressed .AVI as a .mov is not an .avi!

Maybe ask them again.
Stuart Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2008, 02:24 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Sounds like they are on Macs. Which would account for them sending you a .mov instead of a .avii. But the real issue at hand is how to get you an optibase codec.

So try here:

V210 - Optibase VideoPump 10-bit 4:2:2 Component YCbCr (vids:V210)
Old November 28th, 2008, 06:27 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrone Ford View Post
Sounds like they are on Macs. Which would account for them sending you a .mov instead of a .avii. But the real issue at hand is how to get you an optibase codec.

So try here:

V210 - Optibase VideoPump 10-bit 4:2:2 Component YCbCr (vids:V210)
That seems to be a weird codec? More of a russian codec LOL

I think the agency did that on purpose because I asked for a PC friendly format and they went to the extreme. They shot themselves in the foot as they had to re-supply me with an AVI file as was initially requested.

Ahh well........Life continues......
Björn Rehder is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...