Premier to Vegas - Workflow?! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 15th, 2008, 10:44 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Premier to Vegas - Workflow?!

Hi, firstly sorry if this particular topic/problem has been covered before...!

Ok, I'll make this simple as complicating things would result in me confusing myself!

I have an editor who works in Adobe Premier.

I need to import his final render onto a Vegas timeline.

What's the best file format for output in Adobe Premier?

We've tried Avi but I can only extract the video stream (which also appears to be 16:9 squashed into 4:3 ratio)

HELP!

Thanks in advance! :o)
Old December 15th, 2008, 11:05 AM   #2
Inner Circle

You didn't say whether you were doing HD, HDV or SD, and what codec was used to render out of Premier. It is possible, if you are not getting audio, that you rendered two separate files in Premiere, or no audio at all, depending on your settings.

You also don't indicate what project settings were for the Vegas time line when you started it up. Depending on what you input file is, you would like want to modify the project property settings.

HDV is a is actually 1080 x 1440, which will translate to a 4:3 image if tags on the footage aren't apparent to Vegas. If that occurs, you can right click on the file in the project files, or on the timeline, click properties, and adjust the pixel aspect ratio-- usually to 1.33 to achieve the proper ratio.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...