Vegas and Bluff Titler. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 16th, 2008, 05:07 AM   #1
Trustee

Vegas and Bluff Titler.

I recently bought Bluff Titler, really easy to use apart from one thing, when i create the text effects, spinning, tumbling, etc, i always end up with a background, when i import the finished avi into vegas and put it onto the top video track the background blocks out the video track below.
What do i need to do to have a clear background, so that i can see just the bluff text on top of my original video ?

Thanks.
Paul.
Old December 16th, 2008, 05:14 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Key out the background in Vegas?
EDIT:
Just remembered after I posted that-
"BluffTitler can create AVI files with transparency information (RGBA, or AVI with alpha channel). You can do this by selecting Uncompressed AVI with transparency in the File/Export as Movie... dialog. This is very useful if you want to overlay your titles onto your videos, but unfortunately not all video tools can import AVIs with transparency, so try using AVI without transparency if your NLE starts complaining about not being able to read your AVI file."
#4 here...
http://www.outerspace-software.com/import.html
Dugi Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 07:16 AM   #3
Trustee

Dugi.

Sweeet, that worked a treat.
Render the bluff as avi clear, which i did anyway (but it didn't work), then drag the bluff onto the top track, go onto the bluff clip, right click>properties>media>alpha channel> premultiplied (dirty).

Thanks loads.

Paul.
Old December 16th, 2008, 07:51 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I knew there was summit else you had to do but couldn't remember what. It was the premultiplied (dirty) bit. Bit of dirt never goes amiss, huh?
Dugi Barr is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...