How to set up chapters as thumbnails in Arch? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 17th, 2008, 05:54 PM   #1
Trustee

How to set up chapters as thumbnails in Arch?

I am wondering if there is a way to see up chapters in Vegas and then in Arch have them become buttons or thumbnails?
This is what I am doing presently :
1) Rendering out the full video (all chapters).
2) Rendering out individual chapters.

I take each of the files and bring them into Arch and go about making the DVD this way, but since that creates almost a duplicate of the entire show because I now have both chapters rendered and a full movie rendered.

Any ideas?
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 06:02 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Unless I'm not understanding your correctly (and I may not be, because this sounds too simple) do the following:

Bring in movie to menu of DVD Architect. Right click on that new button and click on "insert scene selection menu". Then you have your chapters and thumbnails. Customize as needed.

Is that what you need?

Last edited by Jeff Harper; December 18th, 2008 at 05:35 AM.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 06:33 PM   #3
Trustee

1.) On the Tree, Double Click the 2nd menu, to bring up the page you want. Or you can choose it from the drop down box above the edit window.
2.) Once you have the page you want (presumably for your chapters) showing in the editing window, click and hold on the Movie Title to drag it onto the menu page.
3.) Click on the thumbnail, then click on ACTION (under button properties).
4.) Click on destination chapter, and from the dropdown box select the chapter you want the thumbnail to call. (You will have first marked the chapters on the movie title.)
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 06:33 PM   #4
Major Player

render your movie in Vegas. When you do have (M)arkers set at the chapter points. Make sure you save the markers when you render. Take into DVDA and you will be able to set up a submenu almost automatically with the markers. It will even ask you how many chapters you want per menu page.
Old December 17th, 2008, 07:20 PM   #5
Trustee

How do I save the markers when rendering?
Also, can I set an in point and out point for the markers?
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 08:02 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Delaney View Post
How do I save the markers when rendering?
Also, can I set an in point and out point for the markers?
there's a checkbox in the render dialogue box to save the markers ... you can set the in / out point for the thumbnail once in DVDa ... follow the above then click on the thumbnail and look at it's properties (in the window on the right) and you will see the in point .. I believe the out is set by the length of the audio track for the menu (I *think*) ... but check in the properties once the thumbnail button is selected and you will see what you want .. in vegas all you are doing is setting the project markers and then exporting them with the rendered file (and don't rename your rendered file, I *think* the marker file carries the same name? at least that's how it used to be)
Dave Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 11:26 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Delaney View Post
I am wondering if there is a way to see up chapters in Vegas and then in Arch have them become buttons or thumbnails?
This is what I am doing presently :
1) Rendering out the full video (all chapters).
2) Rendering out individual chapters.

I take each of the files and bring them into Arch and go about making the DVD this way, but since that creates almost a duplicate of the entire show because I now have both chapters rendered and a full movie rendered.

Any ideas?
David,

You can get an automatically generated "Scene Selection" menu by right-clicking on the media file in the project explorer. You should be presented with a menu, one of the options being something like "Insert scene selection menu". This will insert a button for each marker in the media file. It should also present you with thumbnails, but that might depend on the default setting for the DVDA theme you are using.

Very fast, quite straight-forward.

marks
Mark Stavar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...