Quickest render-out format? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 11th, 2009, 12:58 AM   #1
Major Player

Quickest render-out format?

Quick question - is there a format - even if it's "uncompressed" or YUV - which will render video close to or faster than real time on Vegas, that I can then pump out through Badaboom for the final product? This may be a faster workflow than rendering to H.264/AVCHD directly from Vegas.
Old January 11th, 2009, 06:39 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Any "simple" AVI type should do. HuffYUV or Sony YUV should get you what you want. As for realtime or near real-time, that depends on your computer.
Old January 11th, 2009, 11:32 AM   #3
Major Player

So far, Badaboom hasn't accepted any of the AVI files I have tried to encode. It definitely won't open YUV, HuffYUV, Lagarith, DV or MJPEG AVI files. It will open MPEG2, H.264, HDV, AVCHD, MPG1, VC-1, DivX and WMV.
John Cline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 11:43 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cline View Post
So far, Badaboom hasn't accepted any of the AVI files I have tried to encode. It definitely won't open YUV, HuffYUV, Lagarith, DV or MJPEG AVI files. It will open MPEG2, H.264, HDV, AVCHD, MPG1, VC-1, DivX and WMV.
Bah, then screw it. 4cores is enough for me right now. If I need to, I'll get some network rendering going with another 4-core computer.
Old January 12th, 2009, 05:02 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Looked at the product page, seems to only accept highly compressed formats. Not the most useful product for this.
Old January 12th, 2009, 03:17 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyko View Post
Bah, then screw it. 4cores is enough for me right now. If I need to, I'll get some network rendering going with another 4-core computer.
I've had nothing but trouble with Sony;s network render service. Some times you may not even be able to use multiple cores on a network render job (due to license restrictions.... aka Sony wants more money) so throwing a network render system at the job may not actually help you at all. YMMV
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...