Vegas 8.1 crashes and clips on timeline turn Red at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 18th, 2009, 09:39 PM   #1
Major Player

Vegas 8.1 crashes and clips on timeline turn Red

OK, I am runing Vegas 8.1 on a Mac Pro by way of Bootcamp and Vista 64bit everytime I try to use it I have the following porblem...

Drag a MXF onto the timeline all is well, drag another, things are still ok get to the third or sometimes 8th clip and then the clip turns Red on the timeline and will not playback... If I try and render it crashes after 10% + I am still not sure what the problem is...

32 bit version of Vegas works great and I have no issues and I have switched back to it for now.

Anyone have any pointers on what to look for.. I guess I will try yet another re-install for now.

Thanks!
Jason Bodnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 10:07 AM   #2
Tourist

I just started having the same problem with movie studio 9 platinum. It has been working great for the first week I had the program. Now I have 45 minutes of film in the timeline and if I try do drop a new event in it, it freezes up. Some of the pictures that I have in the timeline with the video are also showing up red.
Trevor Manteufel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #3
Major Player

Yep, mine is the Pro version and it to worked fine for about a week and now issues... I am going to try another re-install after I finish my project in 32 bit Vegas ..
Jason Bodnar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...