Sony Vegas Pro 9 - Any word on when/if this will come out? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 28th, 2009, 10:30 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cascio View Post
I'd like to think the delay is because Sony is planning to leapfrog the competition and also correct it major weaknesses. I think we'll also see a true 64-bit application. Of course, I'm just a picture framers, so what do I know?
A lot, probably the best expert on 'safe areas' on the whole site Paul, maybe the whole planet :)

My external monitor displays 'em, but it's because I'm running an ATI FireGL v5200 card, don't need to press the external monitor button on Vegas. I'd like a later version though.

If the next version of Vegas is a major leap forward, I'll wait till V9H or thereabouts.

There's a huge difference between running it as a hobby and a business.

Cheers.
Allan Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 01:40 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Black View Post
My external monitor displays 'em, but it's because I'm running an ATI FireGL v5200 card, don't need to press the external monitor button on Vegas.
Appreciate this isn't within the topic of this thread, but I'm curious to know how this video card does that. When you say 'external monitor' are you talking about a production monitor or just a second screen hanging off the video card?
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 02:01 AM   #18
Inner Circle

The latter Ian, the 2nd screen is the latest Dell 24xxxx. If I press the VMSP9b external monitor button, I see the picture on the capture HV20 LCD..? So I live with this till I get a new rig.

I find the safe areas are very safe, I can add titles going to the bottom grid and they're well inside all screens I've seen my DVDs on.

Cheers.
Allan Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 02:38 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Ah, OK. I thought you were talking about a production monitor. There have been a couple of times when I have been working on a project to be delivered in both 4:3 and 16:9 where it would might have been useful to see the title safe areas on a production monitor.

Thanks, Allan.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 08:17 AM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Black View Post
A lot, probably the best expert on 'safe areas' on the whole site Paul, maybe the whole planet :)

My external monitor displays 'em, but it's because I'm running an ATI FireGL v5200 card, don't need to press the external monitor button on Vegas. I'd like a later version though.

If the next version of Vegas is a major leap forward, I'll wait till V9H or thereabouts.

There's a huge difference between running it as a hobby and a business.

Cheers.
LOL. Allan, I have to confess that it took me a few seconds (about 30 actually) before I understood your comment. I guess I'm better off being an expert on Safe Areas than on nothing at all. Thanks.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...