Scary looking Vegas error at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 6th, 2009, 01:16 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Scary looking Vegas error

Whoa! Anyone seen this kind of error before? This is a new one for me. It came after I had rendered a single avi clip to mpeg2. I selected 'ignore' and there seemed to be no further side effects. The render worked perfectly well.

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Scary looking Vegas error-vegas_error.jpg  
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Ian, if you look closely, the error came from Auto Save. It tried to save your project and either the file name was strange, or a folder was missing, or something. I'm guessing a missing folder. Here's what it does:

1. Save the project (just like going to File - Save)
2. Copies the project just saved to an emergency folder as defined on the setup screen.
3. Copies the project just saved to the project folder or specified subfolder as defined on the setup screen.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 01:47 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Ah, thanks Edward. Would this happen if the file had not been saved at all? In this case I simply dragged a clip to the timeline then rendered - i.e. the file had not been saved in teh first place.

(The reason for me doing this, rather than rendering straight to mpeg2, will be revealed in a separate post, when I get a chance!)
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 02:04 PM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

Possibly. It "shouldn't" because it's not supposed to even try if the project had not been saved. I'll have to look at the code again and see if I can find anything odd.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...