DVDA best way to achieve this HELP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 19th, 2009, 07:42 AM   #1
Major Player

DVDA best way to achieve this HELP

I am creating a demo reel that will have the demoreel footage and 3 full length movie shorts on it.

The demoreel will start at the menu which will have 4 options(the demoreel and the 3 shorts) After each is shown, I want it to return to the menu.

I want to do a menu based dvd...I have that part figured out...here's my problem:
I render mpeg2 and ac3(two seperate files) In the menu I can get the video clip to come in but the ac3 file not following along. How do I get around this so I can bring in the ac3 file for the mpeg2 files?

The video shows on the timeline but the ac3 does not and I don't know how to put the ac3 file on the timeline manually?

Thanks in advance,
Michael
Michael Hutson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2009, 07:50 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Make sure the AC-3 file has the same name as the MPEG-2 file (i.e. menu.mpg & menu.ac3) and that they're in the same folder.
Also, as I recall, there's an option in the Prefs file in DVDA that should be checked to ensure that audio automatically follows video.
If you've done all thi sand it stil ldoesn't work, double-click the menu icon so that the vidoe shows up in the timeline.
You can add the audio file manually by using the menu on the right-hand side of the DVDA screen.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2009, 08:12 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the reply, Mike.

ac3 file is the same name and in same folder. I use that workflow when I set dvda for a single movie, the ac3 file tags along just fine. My issue is with my first time doing a menu based project.

I think what I have to do is click on the menu, the time line for that footage shows up, then I believe I have to manually drag the ac3 file to the audio track from the explorer window. That's what I am getting out of the manual, anyway.

If I am wrong with what I think I have to do to solve my issue, anybody, please let me know.

Thanks again,
Michael
Old February 19th, 2009, 08:14 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

You can also look at the properties at the right. It will tell you want is being used for the audio and you can drag the AC3 file directly to the audio entry there.

I believe it is important that the MPEG2 file to NOT contain audio as well as the AC3 file being properly named. Anyway, it's easy to get it changed to the AC3 file.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2009, 08:21 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Ed.

mpeg2 does not contain audio. Mpeg2 /ac3 is my normal render.
(I think you and I were posting at the same time) lol

btw, originally for Il. Near Rockford.

Michael
Old February 19th, 2009, 08:25 AM   #6
Sponsor: JET DV

I'm only about 6.5 hours SOUTH of Rockford!
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2009, 07:48 AM   #7
Major Player

Update

UPDATE: After printing the 176 pg manual for reference. I went home and tried the project again and the ac3 files tagged along with the mpeg2 files.....I didn't change a thing....at least to my knowlege. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Some things make you go,"hmmmmmmm."

Thanks to all for your help though!
Michael Hutson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...