DVD Architect 5.0a and Cineform Neo Scene at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 9th, 2009, 08:41 PM   #1
Inner Circle

DVD Architect 5.0a and Cineform Neo Scene

I have had issues with this combination that on encoding AVCHD files from my Sony SR11 result in no audio in the converted file. Uninstalling DVDA 5.0a and reinstalling DVDA 5.0 makes everything work just fine. I am trying to get this sorted with Cineform Tech support but they say they have no problems. Would appreciate any one else having this problem to respond.
It is no real problem as DVDA 5.0 works fine for me but there is obviously an issue that needs to be rectified.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 05:05 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Ron,

As I mentioned in the other thread on the I7's I have had this problem too!! It is not unique to you!!!

I am working with 5.0 build 170 DV Arc. 8.0c Vegas for all my work. 8.1 on vista 64 for big render jobs.

all seems well at present, but 8.1 and 5.0a do not work well.
Old April 10th, 2009, 07:14 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks Dale I remember your response and I know there were others but can't identify them in the search as I expect they were part of threads that did not have this as the subject matter. I too now run with DVD Architect 5.0 and all works just fine as I had indicated. It would be nice to know however why there is a problem. Cineform tech support say they cannot reproduce this problem but I can duplicate it every time I try. It is related to Neo Scene in some way as DVD Architect 5.0a will work fine otherwise. If for instance I convert using Canopus HQ all works just fine. I started using Cineform because the convert time was less than half that for Canopus AVCHD2HQ converter . However the latest version of AVCHD2HQ is almost as fast as the Cineform Neo Scene and I can't tell any difference in quality between Cineform and Canopus HQ.

Ron
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...