Partitioning NLE for Vegas - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 12th, 2009, 01:05 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Kua View Post
How about vegas temp folder and dvda temp folder and os pagefile? everything in C drive is ok?

Yes, that is fine, but you might delete the files in your DVDA temp folder after use. I personally put the DVDA temp folder anywhere where I will see it so that I will remember to delete it and keep it from cluttering up my drive after the project is over.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 01:21 AM   #17
New Boot

Thanks mike. Most of my problem should be solved. Now all i need to do is to find if there is
any reseller in Malaysia cause my company have difficulty buying things oversea.
Ricky Kua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 07:07 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Ricky, as I said earlier, all of this gear is commonly used by TV stations so, if you have one nearby, check with their chief engineer as I'm sure he/she could steer you in the right direction.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 12:54 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
Jack, it is true that having the page file on a separate drive is nice. On the other hand, I don't think with his limited number of drives it is necessary.
It's still better to put the pagefile on a drive separate from where the OS is so that both processes aren't trying to access the same drive simultaneously.
Rick Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Didn't say it wasn't better Rick. It just isn't that worth it when he only has four drives. I wouldn't waste one out of four 15K SAS drives on it. The performance increase with Vegas is so slight, as its use of virtual memory is not that heavy to begin with. I run without a page file half the time, and see virtually no difference either way.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #21
Regular Crew

I guess if one ONLY uses their computer to run Vegas then your statement makes sense, but since most people do other things with their PCs that often does utilize the pagefile it is probably better to place it on another drive. I am not speaking to the specifics of those 15k SAS drives, but in general terms that fit most users. ;)
Rick Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 07:19 AM   #22
Trustee

Guys 've opened a thred hoping to have a succesful input from my gurus of pc config;Please don't get mad but if u'd have just 2 minutes to check that thread i'll be very thankful!
Sorry and thx
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...