delay highlight at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 21st, 2009, 05:05 PM   #1
Regular Crew

delay highlight

Hello.

I'm using a loop point to delay display of buttons, then fade them in. The highlight for the first thumbnail to be selected, however, pops right up.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks,
Rich
Rich Petruccelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 07:35 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I don't think so.

I played with this for a while and couldn't find a way to do it.

I wanted to create a menu with each piece popping in at the beat of a drum. popping in the button... masks... frames... background... etc was easy but I never could find a way to control the highlight.

What I ended up doing is "hiding" the highlight in the beginning with a background of the same color as the highlight.... then when the first drum beat hit, i cued in my real background.
Jack Bellford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 08:35 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Sorry.... I should also mention that you may want to play with the ALPHA of each button and such to control fade-in/out

Using Loop will do the trick but you don't have a lot of control over the individual pieces.

If you right click on the button and go to "crop and adjust" and you will see a "ALPHA" selection. By adjusting this you can completely fade in/out the individual frame or mask, or button media in part or as a whole. You can also use the keyframes below to time your fading

You can also control alpha on the menu background as well the same way..... it's just that highlight that you can't seem to control
Jack Bellford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 07:32 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the reply Jack. I am using the alpha to fade the graphics in & out, but like you said, no control over the highlight. There's a lot of good stuff in DVDA for menus, but they left out control of the highlight and you can't fade in a text only button. You have to make a graphic of the text in Photoshop or whatever.
Rich Petruccelli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...