This Should Solve some Problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 4th, 2009, 09:19 AM   #1
Major Player

This Should Solve some Problems

This should solve a lot of problems.

REDMOND, Wash., May 4 (UPI) -- U.S. software giant Microsoft Corp. (NASDAQ:MSFT) may stop selling its Windows Vista operating system as soon as an upgraded version is available, a company manager said.

Good riddance!
David Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #2
Major Player

And leave those that have it hanging........
Old May 4th, 2009, 03:18 PM   #3
Major Player

Is Vegas 8.1 or 9 Windows 7 ready? or vice versa. That's the big question. I know so many people who have experienced problems with Vista video, sound, engineering, and 3D software/hardware conflicts.
Old May 4th, 2009, 03:59 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rice View Post
Is Vegas 8.1 or 9 Windows 7 ready? or vice versa. That's the big question. I know so many people who have experienced problems with Vista video, sound, engineering, and 3D software/hardware conflicts.
I've used 8.0c and 8.1 extensively with the windows 7 beta and haven't had a single issue.
Keith Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 04:05 PM   #5
Major Player

Using Vegas, how would you compare windows 7 beta with Vista?
Old May 4th, 2009, 05:20 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rice View Post
Using Vegas, how would you compare windows 7 beta with Vista?
hehe, i skipped Vista altogether. I hated it. Well, I actually purchased vista 64-bit and installed it on an alternate hard drive but only booted it up a couple of times. I've been sticking with XP SP3 until Windows 7 came out. Windows 7 seems to have fixed most everything I despised about Vista and it seems to perform very well.
Keith Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 08:36 PM   #7
Inner Circle

I have Vista 64 Home Premium and to me its a lot better than XP on my other machine. I have turned off all the goodies and it actually behaves very well. Looks like a windows classic display no aero etc none of the crazy account/security controls that I have yet to find a way of turning off on XP. I much prefer it to XP and the 8G RAM is nice too. Admittedly it is not standard Vista since I have turned off anything I don't need. But at least I was able to do that. I have Win 2k, XP and Vista and XP is the worst as far as I am concerned. What ever I do XP won't let me copy from a particular drive on another machine. I have tried all sorts of combination of sharing and permissions. Vista has none of these problems. Once I had logged on to the other machines with my password it always remembers and just presents them on the network) I will load Windows 7 on this machine when it comes out and XP is history.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:23 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Paisley View Post
I've used 8.0c and 8.1 extensively with the windows 7 beta and haven't had a single issue.
Same here. Been using the Win 7 beta since it came out...no problems with Vegas...
Plus, as an OS, I love it.

The Win 7 RC is available today....I hope to download it tonight and install this week.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...