avchd bitrate at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 6th, 2009, 11:42 PM   #1
Major Player

avchd bitrate

I have 4 *.MTS files on my computer. How does one find out what the bit rate of these files actually are? I know what they are supposed to be but not what they actually are and what is the low, average and max of a particular file.

Is there a way in Vegas to find this out?

I searched Google and found absolutely nothing! No utilities or anything to use to find this out.

I searched this site and found where someone said they checked the bitrate of their files but nothing on how they did it!

I am a bit frustrated with this...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Danny Fye
VidMus Video - Music Productions
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:59 AM   #2
New Boot

Search for a ult called GSpot. It will get you all the codec information for the file. I didn't try it with mts file but all the avi, mp4 files that I tried work out well
Khanh Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 09:52 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanh Nguyen View Post
Search for a ult called GSpot. It will get you all the codec information for the file. I didn't try it with mts file but all the avi, mp4 files that I tried work out well

Thanks for the info.

I downloaded and tried it and all it told me is what I already know which is the file size and type. Nothing about its bit rate or anything else.

What I can't figure out is how are people knowing what the bitrates of these files are? I see posts where a person said that the bit rate would be as high as whatever and average whatever but absolutely nothing on how they determined that.

O well...

Danny Fye
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:22 PM   #4
Major Player

They probably know what camera they are creating files with therefore they know the bitrate of the file itself. If you know the technical specifications of the device encoding the file, you'll know the bitrate.

Jon
Jon McGuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 07:09 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Fye View Post
Thanks for the info.

What I can't figure out is how are people knowing what the bitrates of these files are? I see posts where a person said that the bit rate would be as high as whatever and average whatever but absolutely nothing on how they determined that.

O well...

Danny Fye
If you play back a file on the PS3 it will tell you the bit rate. That is how I know the bits rates from my AVCHD cams.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...