Film looks for Vegas 64 bit at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 12th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Film looks for Vegas 64 bit

I'm attempting to move to Vegas 64 bit. I knew Magic Bullet, my favorite, wouldn't work, but thought I'd get by with the reelpaks in Ultimate s, which also serve my limited needs for artistic touches now and then. Ultimate S 4 works great with 64 bit, except the reelpaks don't seem to work with it, though I am awaiting word from Vasst support to be clear on that.

Is there anything out there for Vegas? 64 bit?

(Admittedly, I do not NEED to use 64 bit Vegas all the time, but I'm trying to set up a consistent workflow so that I can rely on just one program all of the time.)
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #2
Inner Circle

New Blue works just fine, very good stuff.
Old May 14th, 2009, 06:32 PM   #3
Regular Crew

NewBlue is great in 64bit, very satisfied.

For a limited time, you get the NewBlue Sampler Pack of 10 video effects plug-ins (which includes film look) when you order or upgrade to Vegas Pro 9.
Robert St-Onge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 11:42 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Robert, I'm looking for the New Blue offer, but can't find it. Can you direct me to it?
Old May 15th, 2009, 02:47 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
I'm attempting to move to Vegas 64 bit. I knew Magic Bullet, my favorite, wouldn't work, but thought I'd get by with the reelpaks in Ultimate s, which also serve my limited needs for artistic touches now and then. Ultimate S 4 works great with 64 bit, except the reelpaks don't seem to work with it, though I am awaiting word from Vasst support to be clear on that.

Is there anything out there for Vegas? 64 bit?

(Admittedly, I do not NEED to use 64 bit Vegas all the time, but I'm trying to set up a consistent workflow so that I can rely on just one program all of the time.)
Hi Jeff,

ReelPaks had to be updated to work with US 4.1 so you would need to re-download the latest versions, and you may need to contact support requesting those as it could be that the new website doesn't update that info automatically for archived or old orders.

Dave
David Hadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 05:05 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Thanks David!
Old May 15th, 2009, 05:07 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
Robert, I'm looking for the New Blue offer, but can't find it. Can you direct me to it?
On the Sony promo page, it says:
Upgraders will save $50 during our introductory period and get their choice of a NewBlue Sampler Pack, The Sony Sound Effects Series sampler, or Sound Forge Audio Studio software.

It shows up around step 3 or 4 of the ordering process.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 05:14 AM   #8
Inner Circle

Thanks Mike.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...