Error in DVD Architect at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 13th, 2009, 11:49 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Error in DVD Architect

I'm trying to burn a DVD for some reason I can't. It renders and it says its complete but nothing burns.
I save a screenshot of the error message, I'm thinking it might be my DVD burner (as im having issues burning CDs as well (thru Windows Media Player).
Attached Thumbnails
Error in DVD Architect-error.jpg  
Martin Wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 07:05 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Here's my suggestion:

PREPARE using DVD Architect which will create a folder containing the Video_TS and Audio_TS folders.

Now BURN the DVD using a DVD burning program such as Nero or Record Now or anything that will recognize those two folders and properly burn them as a DVD.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2010, 12:52 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Wiosna View Post
I'm trying to burn a DVD for some reason I can't. It renders and it says its complete but nothing burns.
I save a screenshot of the error message, I'm thinking it might be my DVD burner (as im having issues burning CDs as well (thru Windows Media Player).

This is a similar issue I've gone through doing a dual layer dvd project. So there is nothing wrong with my icore 7, vista ultimate 64bit, LG burner, Pioneer BR burner yada yada yada computer that I built then. Its a DVDA problem whew....I feel relieved. Thanks everyone for a great fourm!!!!! an awsome resource tool!!!!!!

Noted that this post is almost a year ago. My Vegas 9 is still what it is out of the box. Will an update be a fix to this problem?
Old February 24th, 2010, 12:35 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
Here's my suggestion:

PREPARE using DVD Architect which will create a folder containing the Video_TS and Audio_TS folders.

Now BURN the DVD using a DVD burning program such as Nero or Record Now or anything that will recognize those two folders and properly burn them as a DVD.
I tried using Nero, failed. Using memorex DVD +R DL. It freezes during the write out. Is it the media I am using? I doubt its my burner, did single layer dvds before with no problems. PC is windows vista ultimate 64 bit, intel core 7 , 6gm mem
Old February 24th, 2010, 01:27 AM   #5
Major Player

Fred,

It is the media that you're using. Memorex gets its DVD+R DL media from two companies: RiTEK (Taiwan) and Moser Baer (India). Neither company is renowned for its DL media (at least those DL media using those manufacturers' own codes and technology), and both companies' DL media have had major compatibility issues with even newer burners.

At one point Verbatim (one of only two manufacturers that are any good for DL media - the other being Falcon Tech in Dubai) used Moser Baer as a subcontractor (albeit using Mitsubishi's own media codes and technology). But the production of most Verbatim-branded DVD+R DL media has since reverted to the company's own plant in Singapore (with the exception of a few DL discs manufactured for Verbatim by CMC Magnetics in Taiwan using Mitsubishi codes and technology).

Also at one point TDK got its DVD+R DL media from CMC Magnetics using CMC's own codes and technology. But since TDK's media division was bought out by Imation (the parent company of Memorex), TDK-branded DVD+R DL media has been mostly RiTEK stuff.

As for the burners, not all DVD burners are equally competent at burning DVD+R DL media. In general, Pioneer burners perform best at writing to DL media; Lite-On burners and any other burners using MediaTek chipsets proved mediocre at best on DL. LG-branded burners are somewhere in between.
Randall Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 11:34 AM   #6
Major Player

Randall,

Thanks for sharing the info and clearing things up. I'll go back to the retail store and return the spindles I bought. For now since TDK single layers have been working well with my set up I'll just split the project into two disc. I also noticed on the manual that the LG burner came with listed suggested media to use and Memorex was not on the list.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...