How to convert CDA file to wav or mp3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 19th, 2009, 01:44 AM   #1
Inner Circle

How to convert CDA file to wav or mp3

I've got a bunch of music given to me by customer that came from itunes, they are .cda files, and Vegas won't take them.

Anyone know what I can use to convert them?
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:18 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
I've got a bunch of music given to me by customer that came from itunes, they are .cda files, and Vegas won't take them.

Anyone know what I can use to convert them?
That's odd. Maybe there is something wrong with the files because Vegas certainly does import .cda files. If you look under File -> Import -> Media and look under the "Files of Type" dropdown, .cda is the very first one in the list. (Vegas started out life as an audio editor). It automatically converts them to .wav on import.

Then, Vegas will allow you to render these audio files to all the different audio formats available to Vegas - so you can actually do the conversions within Vegas.
Steve Renouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:30 AM   #3
Inner Circle

They are weird files, two customers that live next door to each other are both bringing me these damn things and they are worthless. They are itunes burned onto a disc, and even windows media player won't play them properly. They play fine off the disc, but when copied onto hd they get weird. when I click on the file, the song it is supposed to be doesn't play, something else plays. It's like the twilight zone.

I'm so swamped right now that I just don't have time for this trilfling mess.

I sent them an e-mail and asked for mp3s.

Thanks anyway Steve.

I have nero, and was hoping it might convert them, but I never install it unless I really need it. I don't even know which program in Nero I would need to install.
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:14 AM   #4
Major Player

There's a free program call CDex that is a great ripping program. It also does transcoding of single files and may do what you want.
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:20 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Jeff, I do this all the time so that I can import them into Vegas and haven't had any problems.
Maybe your customers aren't burning directly from iTunes like I do?
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 03:18 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Not sure Mike, I'll ask. they are using macs, could that be it?
Old May 20th, 2009, 07:56 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Jeff, I don't see why using a Mac would make a difference but you never know :-)
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...