Arch chapter menu questions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 31st, 2009, 02:16 PM   #1
Trustee

Arch chapter menu questions

I know that I am doing something wrong here, just trying to figure out what!

Ok, I have a video with 12 chapters.
1) I set up a menu based project.
2) I import the media file
3) From the media file, I create an INSERT SCENE SELECTION MENU
4) I go to the Scene selection ( next page) and set it up the way I want.

So on the first page of the DVD intro, I have PLAY ALL (full media file) and CHAPTER SELECTION (which takes me to the scene selection menu - 2nd page).

It all works great, but when I watch any of the chapters (scene selection page - 2 - and play any of the chapters) and then I hit the MENU button on the DVD player remote, it automatically goes to the MAIN PAGE (intro) and not back to the SCENE SELECTION PAGE (2) with all of the chapters listed. Any ideaS?

I want the PLAY ALL end/menu action to go to the first page, but I want the SCENE SELECTION PAGE chapters to end/menu at the 2nd page but it is always reverting to the first INTRO PAGE.
I have used the MOST RECENT PAGE action, but I have to think there is another way to get back to the different menu...

I hope that is clear.
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2009, 02:49 PM   #2
Major Player

David,

I think you are making it harder than it is. If you have a Play Movie button and then a Scene selection button the navigates you to the 2nd page...."return to recent page/menu" will do the job for you. The only other way to do it is put your footage on the timeline twice, which I don't see any point in doing.

Hope this helps,
Michael
Michael Hutson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...