Blu-Ray Quality at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 25th, 2009, 11:54 AM   #1
Major Player

Blu-Ray Quality

I have used the Vegas 8 default 25mg Blur-Ray template for HDV/1440x1080i with the quality slider adjusted from the default level of 15 to the max of 31. The quality was excellent with this slider adjustment and everything else at the default single pass / 30-25-20mg.

I just began another encode with the same template, but I forgot to adjust the video quality slider up to 31. Has anyone experimented with this, and does it make much difference? I abandoned two pass encoding, because at these high bit rates, you really aren't compressing much from the original HDV tape, and I did not see any quality loss doing so. I'm wondering if the same will be true with the slider at 15. Thanks - PK
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...