Ultimate S quad cam window at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 9th, 2009, 09:27 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Ultimate S quad cam window

I'm currently doing the trial/demo for ultimate S 4.1. Question for regular users of this plugin-- Is there anyway to change the preview window from four cameras to two? I'm only using 2 and 4 takes a good deal of real estate on the desktop to be able to see in enough detail to be useful.
Chris Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:33 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Don't think so Chris. Nice idea though.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:40 AM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

Chris, even if you could change it from 4 to 2, how would that make it "bigger"? unless you're going to STRETCH it to fill up the extra space which would look really odd. Otherwise, no matter what, it needs to be 1/4 the original size even for 2.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 08:08 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Edward,
I guess I get your point that each of the 4 screens/ tally windows are 1/4 of a whole. I was just thinking that in Vegas if you have only one preview window, as you size the window it may be very small or quite large.

If the tally screens were each their own window then you could just have two side by side in the #1 and #2 position with 3 and 4 blank space to be used by other windows on the desktop. I was thinking that in the Vegas Multicam, the tally windows were displayed that way, but its been a few weeks since I used that function in Vegas and I may have not remembered correctly.

I take it that in this regard Excalibur works the same as Ultimate S? I will probably check it out next before I make a decision. Thanks --Chris
Chris Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 08:32 AM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

Yes, Excalibur works the same way. For up to 4 cameras, a 2x2 screen layout is used. Same is also true with the built-in multicam in Vegas Pro 8 and 9.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...