Vegas GPU decoder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 11th, 2009, 09:33 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Vegas GPU decoder

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/digital-v...-premiere.html

It states it works with Vegas Pro 9.0a ???

I hope this is for real!!
Jay Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 11:05 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Divide Frame could rock the world for those acquiring in AVCHD/AVC/MPEG4/h.264 and using the supported nVidia graphics cards. Doesn't seem to have application outside this group... still, potentially very cool.
Old July 11th, 2009, 12:12 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Only bummer I see is I'm not planning on upgrading Vegas 8... and my NVIDIA card is a 7600 series...
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 09:33 PM   #4
Regular Crew

It appears that this was just released today or yesterday. Hopefully some benchmarks are on the way. Maybe our intrepid HMC-150 users will be the first to experiment with this.
Devin Termini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 11:19 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I assume this will speed up renders as well?

I have a very long render of a 2.5 hr 2 cam project going right now. I have 2 hmc150s and a GEforce 9600 graphics card running on an I7 920 machine. Project was shot in 1080 60, and I'm converting to SD for a DVD, and will also later do a blu ray version. SD is always the most time consuming render and the current one will be over 8 hrs.

When the current render is over I'll do the same render as a test with the GPU product to see how fast it speeds it up, and will post times.
Chris Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 11:57 PM   #6
Major Player

Does not support my Radeon X1650 Series card thus it is too limited...

Danny Fye
VidMus Video - Music Productions
Old July 12th, 2009, 12:11 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicholson View Post
I assume this will speed up renders as well?

I have a very long render of a 2.5 hr 2 cam project going right now. I have 2 hmc150s and a GEforce 9600 graphics card running on an I7 920 machine. Project was shot in 1080 60, and I'm converting to SD for a DVD, and will also later do a blu ray version. SD is always the most time consuming render and the current one will be over 8 hrs.

When the current render is over I'll do the same render as a test with the GPU product to see how fast it speeds it up, and will post times.
I tried to download, and found that it is only for the 32 bit version of Vegas, and 64-bit will come later in the year. Also, this is more to accelerate lagging video on the timeline than rendering which per the companies blog is only partially accelerated by this.

It still sounds worthwhile for me if /when they get the 64-bit version.
Old July 13th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #8
Major Player

Hope this works! I downloaded the trial, but am rendering 2 projects on my 2 computers right now......... I'll try it out whenever I get a chance. Thanks for the info!
Old July 14th, 2009, 12:22 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome Cloninger View Post
Hope this works! I downloaded the trial, but am rendering 2 projects on my 2 computers right now......... I'll try it out whenever I get a chance. Thanks for the info!
Very curious how this works and when this will be extended to a 64 bit version. Even with a relatively fast computer, I would love anything that gives some time improvement. Jerome, Are you using HMC150s?
Old July 14th, 2009, 08:04 AM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicholson View Post
Very curious how this works and when this will be extended to a 64 bit version. Even with a relatively fast computer, I would love anything that gives some time improvement. Jerome, Are you using HMC150s?
I was assuming that it would do GPU for regular stuff too like HDV M2T files, but it doesn't. I don't use the HMC150, I use the Canon XH-A1 cams....

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...