Audio Help on Air conditioner background noise - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 22nd, 2009, 05:55 AM   #16
Major Player

Chris,

thanks for taking the challenge. Your clip works pretty good, but it has more of a "tinny" sound to it. Better than I was able to get with Vegas, but not as good as Tim's.

Tim,

I was able to plop your audio into my timeline and it sounded very good to the other clips, the voices were not significantly altered and sounded natural. The only issue is it cleaned up a lot of the other background noise as well! I may have to copy a little white noise from the other clips and put it on top of yours!
Roger Shealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 05:38 PM   #17
Major Player

I gave CS4 Soundbooth a try and it does a pretty good job. I think Tim's may be a smidge better, with a slightly more open sound.
Attached Files
File Type: wav 01-05-20_L 01.wav (860.7 KB, 98 views)
File Type: wav 01-05-20 thru Soundbooth.wav (860.7 KB, 113 views)
Old July 22nd, 2009, 08:22 PM   #18
Major Player

Roger, the soundbooth one sounds just as good to me. That's pretty impressive. What did you use in SoundBooth to clean it up with?
Kevin Duffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 08:34 PM   #19
Major Player

Just used the task "remove a sound", took a noise sample between speech (as Tim told me he did on Izo) and then told it to apply. You have two sliders, one to determine how aggressive to clean up and a second slider to determine how many dB to reduce the filtered noise. This is the first time I've really used Soundbooth, so there may be more advanced options than what I used in this brief experiment.

I think the clips from CS4 and Izo are very close. The Izo clip may have slightly better tonal qualities, but it's very, very close. Perhpas more in the exact "mix" we each used than the capabilities of the software.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 08:40 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Shealy View Post
Chris,

thanks for taking the challenge. Your clip works pretty good, but it has more of a "tinny" sound to it. Better than I was able to get with Vegas, but not as good as Tim's.

Tim,

I was able to plop your audio into my timeline and it sounded very good to the other clips, the voices were not significantly altered and sounded natural. The only issue is it cleaned up a lot of the other background noise as well! I may have to copy a little white noise from the other clips and put it on top of yours!
As I said, a little more time could be put into this. Point is this free program has promise, and I am betting it can do as well, putting time into it. It has same sliders and adjustments.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 10:13 PM   #21
Regular Crew

What can be used to remove highway traffic noise from the background of a scene?
Martin Wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 04:53 AM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
As I said, a little more time could be put into this. Point is this free program has promise, and I am betting it can do as well, putting time into it. It has same sliders and adjustments.
Thanks Chris, I was trying to meet a deadline and had to go with the best at hand. I'd be interested to know how you feel about the program when you've had time to explore it thoroughly.
Roger Shealy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...