Plug in for Masking in Vegas at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 23rd, 2009, 09:06 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Plug in for Masking in Vegas

Hi guys,

Is there a plug in for Sony Vegas that does auto tracking when you are working with Masks? Does Mocha exist for Vegas....

Thanks
Old July 23rd, 2009, 11:52 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Not aware of anything Thomas, although you would think that with stabiliser plugins such as Mercalli available for Vegas the capability to track moving points across time is certainly there.

The challenge goes out to the plugin developers!

Last edited by Ian Stark; July 24th, 2009 at 01:06 AM.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 10:34 PM   #3
Old Boot

When I view Mercali working, it analyzes Full Frames and compares FramePosition1 to FramePostion2 and then FramePositionN. Added to which Mercali has this option to weight the analysis to the centre of the frame or to the border. I don't see a grid of points being employed? My other deshake s/w does something similar.

My thoughts are that there would be a need for developers to be able to get at the underlying code to augment a meshing together of "points"?

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 10:38 PM   #4
Old Boot

I think, as I read your "other" post Thomas, you have a solution provided by Richard? Yes?

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 01:06 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Bernard View Post
When I view Mercali working, it analyzes Full Frames and compares FramePosition1 to FramePostion2 and then FramePositionN. Added to which Mercali has this option to weight the analysis to the centre of the frame or to the border. I don't see a grid of points being employed? My other deshake s/w does something similar.

My thoughts are that there would be a need for developers to be able to get at the underlying code to augment a meshing together of "points"?

Grazie
Of course I'm not suggesting Mercalli will do the job as is. My point is that the technology exists to identify areas of a Vegas frame (see printscreen) and therefore that *concept* could be applied to the issue of tracking. As far as I can see, Mercalli analyses PARTS of a frame and compares those parts to the same shapes in the next frame to determine their relative position and adjust accordingly. Surely that's what motion tracking is? After Effects uses the same engine for stabilisation as it does for motion tracking. And tracking doesn't have to be based on points anyway - Mocha, for instance, is a planar tracker, where the user defines an area or plane to be tracked.

EDIT:
Attached Thumbnails
Plug in for Masking in Vegas-mercalli.jpg  

Last edited by Ian Stark; July 24th, 2009 at 03:50 AM.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 06:53 AM   #6
Sponsor: VASST

You could use Boris RED/Boris FX to do the auto tracking but you have to load the video manually. You drop Boris on the clip and when you open it, you have to manually load the video while in Boris so that Boris has access to the frames. You can then use the Motion Tracker in Boris to do point tracking and attach a mask to the point tracker all within Boris and never leaving Vegas.

~jr

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...