Vegas 9.0a keeps crashing and freezing!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 5th, 2009, 03:44 PM   #1
Major Player

solution found - Vegas 9.0a keeps crashing and freezing!!!

I spent $250 to upgrade from 8,0c only to experience freezing and crashing; system worked flawlesly on 8.0c and now I got myself in trouble (not to mention that this software is NOT compatible with previous versions, just in case I choose to use older stable version). I noticed that it happens when I apply filters either video event FX, Magic Bullets etc.
Now it is crashing even when I open project;
I have this error message:

szAppName : vegas90.exe szAppVer : 9.0.0.704 szModName : hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

In TAsk MAnager shows me TWO!!! identical Vegas projects as not responding.
What is going on!

I GUESS I FOUND SOLUTION; SOME OF MY FILES WERE IN ORIGINAL MP4 FORMAT, WHEN PROGRAM WAS OPENING AND IMPORTING THEM THAT WAS THE MOMENT WHEN IT CRASHED; I CONVERTED THEM TO TO MXF AND SO FAR IT IS WORKING OK.

Last edited by Marius Boruch; August 6th, 2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: SOLUTION FOUND
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 05:43 PM   #2
Wrangler

Marius,

Thanks for posting a follow-up with the solution for your situation. There are way too many people who would have posted their frustration, and never have come back to share the resolution of the issue.

Would have preferred you to create a reply to your own post because it would stand out better and would have forced it to the new posts section for better visibility. But kudos for your persistence in tracking down and identifying the root cause of the crashes.

Greg Boston
Wrangler
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...