Vegas 5.0b Update - Now Available at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 23rd, 2004, 03:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Vegas 5.0b Update - Now Available

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...p2.asp?DID=496
Jay Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2004, 04:56 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

Massive list of fixes

http://dspcdn.sonypictures.com/readm...e.htm#WhatsNew

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2004, 07:38 AM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

Also, there are two new whitepapers (on 24p workflow & Netrendering) available here:

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...1.asp?CatID=16
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2004, 09:23 AM   #4
Wrangler

You can now move the selection box in the Track Motion window using the arrow keys on your keyboard......how about for the Pan/Crop tool? I see they list.."The Video Preview window now updates correctly when using the arrow keys to nudge the selection box in the Event Pan/Crop dialog." but don't think they mean the same thing as above.

No word on the bug related to deformed crossfades caused by ctrl+dragging the right clip on crossfade. I posted this on the Sony forum and one of the Sony techs said he was, indeed, able to reproduce it and will be forwarding it.

The most annoying bug is the alien frame bug. Many times during a large edit I'll find one frame blips that belong to footage elswhere on the timeline. Zooming all the way in I see that the frame isn't physically residing there- must be some sort of caching issue. I mentioned this one to Edward and he's seen it as well- yet Sony has been unable to reproduce it.
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2004, 10:04 AM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

<<<-- Originally posted by Glen Elliott : The most annoying bug is the alien frame bug. Many times during a large edit I'll find one frame blips that belong to footage elswhere on the timeline. Zooming all the way in I see that the frame isn't physically residing there- must be some sort of caching issue. I mentioned this one to Edward and he's seen it as well- yet Sony has been unable to reproduce it. -->>>

In fact, just saw this Monday night. Exiting and restarting Vegas got rid of it. In fact, it occurred over THREE tracks at the same time. I had a PIP view and all three flashed on the exact same frame to a different frame of the same clip. Restarting let it show normal again.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2004, 02:02 PM   #6
Wrangler

Yeah well I'm glad I'm not the only one- proves I'm not "crazy". Plus it proves it's nothing specific to my hardware setup beings many people have encountered it with many different hardware setups. I wonder if Sony will/can address this. Certianly someone from Sony has to have come across this. Heck there was even one of them in Spot's FASST Vegas5 DVD, which was edited in Vegas.

Exiting and restarting does, in fact, fix it. That's the problem, if it stayed after a restart then I could send a hardrive with the VEG and project files to the Sony techs to finally fix this ongoing bug.

The bug, recently, bit me in the butt as it affected my final output for the first time. I was watching the DVD of a recent project and I noticed a flash frame towards the end of the program. Seomething I never caught even proofing it prior to encoding. For now on I'm going to shut off Vegas then reload it prior to rendering out a long project *just in case*. If you hear any developments on your end about this, Edward, please let me know. Thanks.
Old June 24th, 2004, 05:38 AM   #7
Inner Circle

"The most annoying bug is the alien frame bug. Many times during a large edit I'll find one frame blips that belong to footage elswhere on the timeline. Zooming all the way in I see that the frame isn't physically residing there- must be some sort of caching issue. I mentioned this one to Edward and he's seen it as well- yet Sony has been unable to reproduce it."

Yup, happens in Vegas 4 as well.. had teh same issue now i ALWAYS start a render fresh from a clean bootup..
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2004, 07:34 AM   #8
Old Boot

Got mine yesterday . . . A single frame from something else further down the t/l - weird ..

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2004, 03:34 PM   #9
Wrangler

Why can THIS many people be seeing it but Sony hasn't?!
Old June 25th, 2004, 06:05 AM   #10
Major Player

I have learned my lesson about jumping on a new release...as I should have waited to be sure there were no serious issues...and never never upgrade in the middle of a working project. I just finished delivering a big project to a client rendered with 5b and now I hear there is possibly a big problem with MPEG2 2 pass....

anyone else hear this (besides 5b messing with Edward's programs)?
Mark A. Foley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...