how to remove noise from the audio track? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 21st, 2009, 09:49 AM   #16
Inner Circle

if you have too much bass after reducing the noise in SF take some out with the Graphic EQ. Use a 10 or 20 band and start from the left-little bites, work thru the sliders to the right, 4 or 5, and just take a little at a time. Also before you do that, bring the new track back into SF and try reducing the hiss (if that's what it is) a bit more. Remember, small bites not a big one at once.
Old August 21st, 2009, 10:09 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom View Post
if you have too much bass after reducing the noise in SF take some out with the Graphic EQ. Use a 10 or 20 band and start from the left-little bites, work thru the sliders to the right, 4 or 5, and just take a little at a time. Also before you do that, bring the new track back into SF and try reducing the hiss (if that's what it is) a bit more. Remember, small bites not a big one at once.

thanks Don , i will try this tonight and let u know
Old August 22nd, 2009, 06:35 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Hi Wajahat

I had a similar problem where a gardener turned on a water fountain during the wedding ceremony and i had heavy water noise. If the frequency is fairly constant you just might be able to get away with the default SFX plugins that should already be loaded by default.

At the beginning of the track, in the header your trackfx icon should already be highlighted in green showing the default plugins so click that icon.

By default Vegas should have loaded the noise gate, eq and compressor. Select the EQ plugin and click on Channel 1 then play the audio and set the gain down to minium then adjust the frequency while listening to the audio. If you are lucky you just might be able to find the frequency of the fzzzz and eliminate it. You might have to play with all 4 channels to find out if it will work but I was certainly able to filter out my water noise pretty well.

It's gonna be tough however if the main audio is also very low as you suggest.

Worth a shot anyway!!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2009, 07:53 AM   #19
Inner Circle

PM me a small sample of the audio and I'll see what I can do with it tomorrow.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 05:58 PM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wajahat Abbasi View Post
Sony Noise Reduction plugin , is that within Sony Vegas ? how do i use it ?
Sony NR is available in Vegas as a demo only (it inserts beep tones). Just go buy SoundForge and it will come with the NR plugin in Vegas (full version).

I bought SF this spring and now I do almost all my audio work (besides simple level changes) in SF. Much more powerful than Vegas.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...