what is wrong... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 27th, 2009, 10:51 PM   #16
Inner Circle

I run XP64 on the laptop and Win7 64 on the editing desktop. I have been immune to these crashes you and others seem plagued with. Your XP system is only allowing 2GB of RAM for Vegas and whatever else might be running. I suspect that your render has less than 1.25 GB free available when it starts, and that is quickly eaten up. I suspect many people are having the exact same issue.

You are pushing things by:

1. Editing HD
2. Running a 32 bit OS
3. Using long-GOP on the timeline
4. Overclocking the CPU

Given these parameters, it is absolutely no surprise you are having issues. Enjoy Florida. I do every day... rain or shine.
Old August 30th, 2009, 10:57 PM   #17
Major Player

Marius, you could also upgrade to Win XP Pro 64, if you are hesitant to go the vista route. That is assuming your system is 64bit compatible and capable of more ram. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Perrine uses XP64 as well.

EDIT: Opps, Perrone I didn't see your reply to this already.

On an additional note, with the exception of some preview window choppiness, I have had a pretty good experience with 9.0a on my Quad core system. And I have had no crashes, rendering or otherwise using M2T and MXF for HD and avi source files for SD.

Basic Specs:
XP Pro 32bit SP3
Intel core 2quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
2.40 GHz 3.25 GB RAM (4GB actually installed)
No RAID - but all 7200rpm SATA-II drives internally 3.75 TB (with additional 4 TB external)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...