1 + 1 CRT + External Monitor = Works? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 20th, 2004, 09:55 PM   #16
Inner Circle

I think a better setup for you would be:
cheap camcorder with analog-digital passthrough, preferably top loading and with good deck control. You can substitute another deck here.

SVHS deck, preferably with audio meters.

A/V switcher box (very cheap) for switching between SVHS deck and production monitor.

It's cheaper and less confusing than the JVC deck. I had a hard time figuring out how to go from computer --> VHS and vice versa without going to tape in between. I can't even remember if it can do this.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2004, 06:43 AM   #17
Regular Crew

A few years back I tried the JVC combo deck. I had bought them to convert all my home VHS videos to miniDV. I had two of them fail within the first 30 days.

I got tired of paying shipping for defective products so I applied the refund to the purchase of a Sony VX2000 and one of JVC's medium price SVHS VCRs and have never regretted it.

My advice echoes that of others. Buy a low end miniDV camcorder and a decent SVHS VCR (to gain the advantage of an S video connection) and you will have far more flexibility for the same cost of many of the combo decks.
"Before they are gone forever..."
Ralph Morris is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...