DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q3Q4) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/4092-vegas-video-discussions-2005-q3q4.html)

Chris Thomas August 20th, 2005 02:41 AM

1.jpg came from the GL2, which surprised me when I looked at the pics individually. It was much farther away, down the center isle, taking advantage of its zoom ability.

Thanks to all for the help! The tutorials kept me busy with fresh ideas, and pleanty of techniques to fool around with. Hours later, as I am sure everyone suspects, they still dont look the same, but certainly MUCH closer.

Ruben Pla August 20th, 2005 09:21 AM

Thank you both, Don and Ed, I'll go try it later today. Ruby

Mike Moncrief August 20th, 2005 06:25 PM

Audio difficulty..

Hello,

I am dumping some footage that was dubbed onto miniDV from betacam.. And in Vegas i am only seeing one side of the stereo signal..(the other side is flatlined) But when i play the tape out of my FX1, and monitor in the headphones..I hear sound in both earpieces, and when i look at the audio bars on the FX 1, (using the status button) i see bars jumping up and down for both L and R.. ?/ Anyone have any ideas here??

Thanks,
mike moncrief

Edward Troxel August 20th, 2005 09:05 PM

Is it possible that it's one of those tapes that had the left on stereo 1 and the right on stereo 2? What happens if you capture in Scenalyzer Live and tell it to capture the secondary audio into a separate WAV file. Does that give you the other audio?

Mike Moncrief August 21st, 2005 08:53 AM

Hey Edward,

I do not have Scenealyzer.. maybe there is a demo version i can try ??
it is really strange thet i hear both sides in the headphones, and both audio meters have bar activity. yet Vegas is only showing one side..

Thanks,
Mike Moncrief

Ruben Pla August 21st, 2005 09:39 AM

Need help, please!

I edited a feature shot with the DVX-100A in 24P Anamorphic, but one scene in the middle of the film was shot, with the same camera, but on the straight video setting (not 24P.) So when I render the whole timeline the straight video scene comes out fuzzy.
Can I still render the whole project as one piece, by making some adjustment, or do I have to render it as three sections? And if it's the latter, how do I then import all three sections into DVD Architect as one continuous timeline with no breaks? Thank you.

Devin Eskew August 21st, 2005 10:10 AM

You might try just rendering the 30fps one on its own to an AVI tweek the settings and see how it comes out, then replace the original on the timeline with the fixed version. Are you using progressive in your mpeg2 render?

Ruben Pla August 21st, 2005 10:49 AM

I had rendered the 30fps by itself and it comes out fine, it's when I render it together with the 24P that it comes out fuzzy. I did use progressive for my render.
On the timeline (of the rendered mpegs, not the original vegas files), the Frame Rate is "30fps" and Field Order is "Lower Field First", while on the 24P the Frame Rate is 24 and the Field Order is "Progressive", and the "Format" on the 24P is "mpeg2"but on the 30fps it's "DV." What do you think?

Darrin McMillan August 21st, 2005 10:54 AM

Chapter continuous play

Hey everyone, is their a way to get your chapters to play continuosly instead of returning to the main "menu"? I'm sure their is, it is just eluding me at this moment..any help would be great. thanks

Chris Thomas August 21st, 2005 11:24 AM

I assume you are using several separate video files, as 1 single video clip with chapters set should play all the way through.

Double click the video file in the left disc explorer menu, then in the right media property menu, change the End Action 'Destination' from 'Most recent menu' to the next file you want to play.

Should work out for you.

Ian Slessor August 21st, 2005 11:27 AM

DIY script icons?

Hi all,

Mostly an aesthetic question here.

I have a number of scripts that I use in Vegas (5.0b) and they're on my toolbar. However they all look the same. I would like to create my own icons. Possible?

I've checked properties and there is no option for icon change that I can see.

Am I stuck with similar icons for scripts on my Vegas toolbar?

Thanks for listening.

ian

Dan Keaton August 21st, 2005 11:49 AM

Bezier Masks and Sharpen Plug-in

I have some out of focus footage that I need to use.

The Sony Sharpen Plug-in works well to sharpen the face of the individual out of focus.

However, if I set the sharpen value high enough (.639) to eliminate the out of focus condition, I get white video noise in major portions of the rest of the frame.

To overcome this, I am using a Bezier Mask to select just the area that I want to sharpen. This works well. The rest of the frame is not subject to the sharpen filter, so I do not get the white noise.

So far so good.

The problem is that I see a narrow white line in my rendered video where I created the Bezier mask. What should I do to get rid of the white line?

Thank you in advance for any assistance that you can provide.

Edward Troxel August 21st, 2005 11:53 AM

Yes, it is very possible. Here's how you do it:

Create a new image that is 16 wide by 32 tall.

In the top 16x16, make the image you wish to appear on the toolbar

In the bottom 16x16, make the image you wish to appear when you hover the mouse over the image.

If you have a script named: MyScript.js then save the image as MyScript.js.png

If you do the above, the image will automatically be found and used when that script is added to the toolbar.

Edward Troxel August 21st, 2005 11:58 AM

Use the FEATHER option of the Bezier mask so that it gradually fades out around the edge of the mask.

Edward Troxel August 21st, 2005 12:07 PM

Sounds like you need to "end action" from one to the other. However, there WILL be a slight pause between clips when done this way. I always render to a single file for the entire video. Then it will easily play straight through with no pauses.