DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/41400-vegas-video-discussions-2006-q3q4.html)

Don Bloom November 25th, 2006 09:08 AM

YOu want the PLUGINPAC which I think is still a seperate plugin from satish. Although it's not really supported by him anymore it's simple enough to install and use.
Don

Ian Slessor November 26th, 2006 12:42 AM

Thanks guys,

I'll give it a try.

ian

Charley Gallagher November 26th, 2006 09:27 AM

Just can't remember the setting..

...that turns on the name of each clip on the timeline.

Anybody?

thanks in advance

Douglas Spotted Eagle November 26th, 2006 09:33 AM

View Active Take Information
or
CTRL+SHIFT+I

Found in the View options menu.

Charley Gallagher November 26th, 2006 10:04 AM

Thanks, Douglass. That was fast and sweet.

Derek Grimes November 26th, 2006 05:14 PM

Help with Color Corrections

1 Attachment(s)
Is there any help for turning black tuxedos that came out to be brown in the video back to black? I have tried to do a little color correcting but I have just not had any luck. Please see attached picture. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Glenn Chan November 26th, 2006 06:57 PM

Try the color corrector secondary.

In that filter, use the eyedropper and drag-select an area over the tuxedo.
Drag the limit luminance smooth slider very high (~200).

Change saturation to a low value like 0 or 0.2.

Stuart Campbell November 27th, 2006 07:23 AM

Do Avid keyboards work with Vegas 7??

Hi, I've got my version of Vegas 7 in the post and have the possibility of buying a 2nd hand LogicKeyboard type keyboard. However, it's an Avid version. Can you select Avid keyboard in any of the Vegas preferences? I really want a decent quality shortcut keyboard but don't want to pay the Logickeyboard prices and want to if possible avoid the stickers option!
Thanks
Stuart

Mike Tesh November 27th, 2006 07:24 AM

Mpeg from a DVD audio is missing

Hey guys I had to import the VOB files from a DVD I was given and just rename them as mpg files. They playback fine in Windows Media player and Premiere Pro (which I don't use) but in Vegas and DVD Architect the audio is missing. Why is that and how do I fix it?

Thanks

Richard Alvarez November 27th, 2006 07:43 AM

The AVID keyboard, is just a keyboard with the shortcut keys printed on it. It has no 'special' powers. In fact, in AVID, you can assign shortcuts to ANY key on the board. So most people have their own set, that are saved in user preferences. (Along with screen layouts.) That's one of the great things about AVID. If you cut your film (And I DO mean FILM, with edgenumbers and keycodes) On Avid Xpress Pro, you can save the EDL and take your preferences into a Symphony suite, load them up, and the screens and keys will act just the way you expect them to.

All that to say, an AVID keyboard will 'work' for VEGAS in the same way any keyboard does. IF you can asign the same functions in VEGAS to the already pre-printed keys on the keyboard, then... yeah, I guess it would be better than sticking stickers on the keys.

(Though I am assuming there are functions unique to both VEGAS and AVID that won't be found on either NLE, that will not be on the keys.)

Vincent Croce November 27th, 2006 07:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Why did the black on some of the tuxes come through ok? You sure the others weren't brown to begin with? There are definitely a few shades of tux in that pic...even cc'ing your pic in PShop, look at the difference in shades.

Edward Troxel November 27th, 2006 08:31 AM

What version of Vegas? I'm betting the audio is AC3. You either need a newer version of Vegas (6.0c added the File - Import Camcorder DVD option) or you need to convert the audio from AC3 to WAV using some other program.

Bradley D Barber November 27th, 2006 09:30 AM

It looks to me to be a material issue. My bet would be that the two chaps in front and the feller in the left corner are either, 1.) new to the group 2.)wearing newer tuxes, or 3.) have yet to have thiers dry cleaned! If these are school/church issued then there is more than a 90% chance that the brown tuxes are faded from the cleaning process.

The bow ties give it away. They almost never get the cleaning process!

Derek Grimes November 27th, 2006 09:33 AM

I am not sure why the colors came out the way they did. There were some different shades of the black tuxes, but nothing like the way it came out. There were obviously some problems filming, but I am really not sure why they came out brown.

Using Glenn's advice, the final vid came out fine.

Thanks for the help

Steven Davis November 27th, 2006 07:58 PM

Vegas Ram and Veg Files

If Vegas only reads, what 2 gig of ram on rendering a mpeg/avi/etc file, does that same principle apply to rendering veg files? I'm at two gig now, wondering if I should bump up to 4 gig.