Where's the V6 furor? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 22nd, 2005, 10:56 AM   #16
Sponsor: JET DV

Here's my personal take: I started with Vegas at 2.0. I like the workflow and how it works. It has always worked for me.

I am a beta tester on Vegas 6. I have had many different versions installed. All have worked on my system but the earlier builds were unstable - especially in relation to scripts. However, the 6.0 release version was stable enough for me to do real work with it. The 6.0a version removed the last remaining problems I had with scripts.

I reported many problems over the beta testing period and they have all been dealt with. I can use 6.0a for serious jobs at this point. I do believe 6.0b will resolve many/most of the problems currently being discussed.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2005, 07:47 PM   #17
Major Player

There are, I think, a lot of people with short tempers and overly high expectations over on the official forums.

I think you hit it on the head, there. I've been doing my best to calmly stear people away from the fire-n-brimstone roasting they've tried to give the Sony dev team -- it's a good release, far from perfect, but it's damn good.

As others have said, the bugs seem widely known, reported and are being worked on currently. I personally don't have any problems (so far), but I sympathize with those who do. I'm confident the Sony team's going to get the bugs hammered out, though -- they're a good bunch, and for the most part, make me happy to say I'm a paying customer of theirs.

- jim
Old April 22nd, 2005, 09:46 PM   #18
Trustee

what other softwares have sony written on their own outside of purchasing talents (like sonic foundry)? anyone know? is sony even a "software company" like microsoft is?
Old April 22nd, 2005, 10:03 PM   #19
Rextilleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yi Fong Yu
what other softwares have sony written on their own outside of purchasing talents (like sonic foundry)? anyone know? is sony even a "software company" like microsoft is?

Sony isn't a software company--they are an electronics company that uses software in many products.
David Mintzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2005, 08:53 AM   #20
Trustee

in that case, why did sony buy sonic foundry's product lines and trying to develop software in house?
Old April 23rd, 2005, 09:04 AM   #21
Rextilleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yi Fong Yu
in that case, why did sony buy sonic foundry's product lines and trying to develop software in house?
I think that Sony wanted a software product that would mesh with their hardware line--the new HDV cameras etc. I think they felt that Digital Video was making inroads in all markets, consumer, prosumer, pro and that they needed an NLE. This is all conjecture.
David Mintzer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...