Hide Plugins? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 28th, 2009, 03:46 PM   #1
Major Player

Hide Plugins?

Is there a way to hide selected plugins in Vegas? I only use a hand full of plugins on most of my projects, I would like to reduce the amount of scrolling I have to do to get to various plugins by hiding the ones I never use.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2009, 12:02 AM   #2
Old Boot

Nicholas? These are the ones within Plug-In Manager, yes? Well I, along with others, have tried and tried to make Folders that stay put after usage. I've spent time in rearranging these items into logical folders, but only to have these Folders ignored on reopening Vegas. Very annoying.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2009, 09:29 PM   #3
Regular Crew

unless i'm misunderstanding

1) right-click in the right pane of the Plug-In Chooser window
2) select New Folder
3) drag all unwanted filters into New Folder
Rob Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2009, 11:44 PM   #4
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Wood View Post
unless i'm misunderstanding
Well Rob, and as I said above:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Bernard View Post
I've spent time in rearranging these items into logical folders, but only to have these Folders ignored on reopening Vegas. Very annoying.
Over the years I have executed exactly as you say, only to have the folders ignore/removed during a subsequent Vegas session - go figure? You really have to experience this to acknowledge exactly what happens. Most annoying.

Grazie
Old October 1st, 2009, 12:47 PM   #5
Regular Crew

That is weird

Years ago I put all the audio plugs never used in a HIDE folder. Follow-up sessions, new sessions, I think even upgrades, the hide folder has stayed there and the audio plugs never used stayed hidden. Never had the problem u describe occur.

Til recently been using W2K OS... in transition now from Vista to W7 so haven't bothered with the hide folder.
Rob Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2009, 01:53 PM   #6
Old Boot

Well, maybe you have an answer there! You did this with Audio - now try Video Plugs! Any own-rolled chains get lumped back into the Filter Packages Folder. Very tiresome indeed . . .

Grazie
Old October 3rd, 2009, 02:46 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Grazie, not having that problem here.

I can rearrange my video fx into folders and subfolders and the structure stays in place after I shut down Vegas and open it up again. That includes standard Sony plugins, homemade chains and third party plugins.

This is with 8.0c. I don't think I ever tried this in 7 or earlier, though, and never tried with audio fx. You're on 9.0b, right? I have just tried it on the demo of 9 and it works there as well.

Interestingly (well, mildly!) I can create different structures in the different versions and they remain independent of each other. I was expecting the structure to be changed in both, since the plugins sit outside of Vegas. I guess the plugin *structure* is install-specific. Point is, they remain intact!

I am doing it exactly the way Rob described, by the way.

Oh, it just occurred to me - are you saying it gets lost in the NEXT Vegas session or unexpectedly at any random session at a later time? If the latter then I guess I have been lucky so far and have yet to experience what you have 'enjoyed'.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...