Using the 2nd monitor tip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 3rd, 2009, 01:17 PM   #1
Trustee

Using the 2nd monitor tip

Hola chicos,
i'm using the 2nd monitro since months now....But i was wondering if there's a short cut on how to set the trimmer in the bottom, the preview in the top, the edit detail etc....I know that i can put everything wherever i want, but i wanted to know if there's something tidy!I hope u got what i'm saying!
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2009, 01:33 PM   #2
Old Boot

I'm guessing you have 2 monitors? Using 2nd monitor as preview would dictate the use OF that 2nd monitor for only Preview.

Unless I've got you wrong?

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2009, 04:22 PM   #3
Sponsor: VASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Martell View Post
i was wondering if there's a short cut on how to set the trimmer in the bottom, the preview in the top, the edit detail etc...
What you can do is create Window Layouts and recall them with a single key combination. Set up your windows the way you want and then look under View | Windows Layouts and save up to 10 different layouts for different tasks.

~jr
Old October 4th, 2009, 08:53 AM   #4
Trustee

Hola, is there anything useful that you could suggest?So i could save it as layout?
Thx
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 01:42 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Marcus,
Place the windows where you want them then save the layout using the suggestion by John. View>Windows Layout OR you can goto Preferences>Keyoard>Global and scroll down to the various keystrokes to save that layout to a particular set of keys. They are already listed there.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...