Sony AVC MP4 file will not upload! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 4th, 2009, 11:14 AM   #1
Major Player

Sony AVC MP4 file will not upload!

Hi, I'm encountering a rather bizarre phenomena where I render a Sony AVC MP4 1280x720 video from my Vegas Pro 9 timeline and then try to upload it, and it just won't upload. Not to YouTube, not to Vimeo, not even to Megaupload! What's up with that? Why am I constantly getting an error message? What am I doing wrong? I tried uploading the file from another computer thinking the problem may be specific to my PC, but no, same problem on any other computer I use!

I urgently need to render and upload a whole bunch of 1280x720 videos to YouTube, but this problem is really starting to annoy me now. What to do? HELP!
Old October 4th, 2009, 02:07 PM   #2
Inner Circle

First thing to try would be a Mainconcept MP4 or Quicktime MPEG4 encode.

It's been a while since I rendered for upload, don't remember whether I used the MC or QT, but I'm pretty sure I didn't use the Sony AVC.
Old October 5th, 2009, 06:59 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Can you play back the rendered MP4's in Vegas?

The latest release of Apple quicktime has caused a few issues for Vegas, such as not being able to play back the audio segments of MP4 files. Perhaps this is having an effect on the MP4 uploaders as well?

If this appears to be a problem, uninstall quicktime and rollback to an earlier version (you still need to have *a* version installed as Vegas requires it for the codecs). Previous versions can be found at: Version Download | Old versions of quicktime-player 652 | Click button to Download!

Just a hunch.

Good luck,

marks
Old October 5th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #4
Trustee

Mark, Do you know the most recent safe version of Quicktime that is compatible with Vegas?
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 12:16 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Jim, I believe that 7.6.2 was the last good version before Apple started playing "games" with us.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 12:29 PM   #6
Major Player

Yes Mark, I did notice that some versions of my final render didn't have any audio in it. But then I somehow managed to come out of that problem. Thanks for the tip though!

Seth, I've also tried Main Concept MP4 but Vegas hangs every time! I just can't understand it. I thought I knew video compression, I thought I knew Vegas, but the latest string of problems have me totally stumped! I'm fast running out of time and have no choice but to revert to WMV or MOV or DIVX codecs.
Old October 7th, 2009, 06:24 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Jafri View Post
Why am I constantly getting an error message?
Telling us what the error message is might make it easier to comment.

Triple check that Mainconcept template you're using. It's not supposed to hang; perhaps you changed something you shouldn't have when modifying the system preset. I suppose if you really have to, they'll take mpeg2 files.
Joe Parker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...