BluRay compatability Issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 12th, 2009, 10:06 AM   #1
Regular Crew

BluRay compatability Issue

I own a Pioneer BD203 burner, and I mainly use the Verbatim BluRay discs. I recently burned a project using DVDa (5.0) and I tested it in the computer and then in my stand alone Sony Blu Ray player, everything worked great. A week later the customer tells me that on his Sony stand alone the disc wouldn't play.

I know the disc was good and most likely he might have an outdated firmware on his, but what can I do to make the discs more playable?
Martin Wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2009, 10:14 AM   #2
Major Player

What I do is copy the sheet that comes with all Blu-ray movies and included it with all of my BD, this way they have explaination and link to go download firmware for their player if it doesn't play, never had a call of complaint that it won't play on their player, and I probably sold about 75 BD disc by now.
Old October 12th, 2009, 10:33 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Great idea, Khoi. At least that way, if it doesn't play, their first call won't be to you, hopefully. :)
Rick Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 09:47 PM   #4
Regular Crew

ok this is a little new for me...

So by going to this website and following the directions for updating the firmware, it should fix the problem?

Blu-ray.com - Blu-ray Firmware and Downloads
Martin Wiosna is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...