Vegas 9 Text Media Generator at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 12th, 2009, 05:09 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Vegas 9 Text Media Generator

Hi Guys

I have noticed that unlike older versions, when you create default text with the Media Generator and then use the same text in a renamed project the text changes in BOTH projects!! When I'm doing wedding speeches, I usually just rename the current project leaving just 10 secs of intro music, background and the text to reflect the next person to speak is only changed. However if I rename this to say, "speech2" and go back to "speech1" the text block has changed!! Apart from duplicating the text block, is there anything in preferences to stop Vegas "remembering" the text in a new project and updating all the older ones???

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2009, 08:23 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Assuming that you're talking about Vegas Pro 9, make sure you're running 9.0b as there were very serious text issues with 9.0a.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2009, 10:34 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Are the text issues are definitely gone with with 9.0b?
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #4
Tourist

I am using 9b now and no text problems that I can see so far
Daryl Jemison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 05:22 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Thanks Mike

I'll have to check what build mine is!! The text generator works perfectly!!! No issues at all except if you use the same Sony Text object in multiple projects any changes to the text are reflected when you re-open an older project using the same object. If you create a new text object there is no problem

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:28 AM   #6
Inner Circle

That is the issue...so it wasn't fixed. I thought I recalled installing the newest update and experiencing this issue. In my case, I often create projects in sections, then paste them all together from different projects and thereby creating the final project making this issue problematic and inconvenient.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...