Vegas 9 render files M2T too long at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 19th, 2009, 05:48 AM   #1
New Boot

Vegas 9 render files M2T too long

Dear All,
I'd like to know which render is better to see the final editing video on the Western Digital TV HD.

Now, I render my video (from HV30) to Mainconcept MPEG-2 (*m2t), but the render is very long, for instance: about 16 minutes of video, the render is 20 hours.

Can I use the Sony AVC or H264 without losing the video quality ?

Thanks a lot
Ciao
Cesare Pirotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2009, 07:10 AM   #2
Regular Crew

20 hours for 16 minute video! Thats a very long render time. What computer spec are you using?

m2t. should be relatively fast because its the same format as the original files Sony AVC or H.264 would be alot slower as it would have to compress it even more.
Jonathan Palfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2009, 08:50 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks about your answer. I know, it's very strange ...
I've got this PC:
4GB RAM,
Windows XP,
Intel Core2 Quad Q9550,
mother board Asus P5N-D,
NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT.
I've read: I've got this problem because I don't installed (on my PC) the DVD Architect (that I don't use). Is it possible ???
Thanks a lot
Ciao
Old October 19th, 2009, 09:35 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
I've read: I've got this problem because I don't installed (on my PC) the DVD Architect (that I don't use). Is it possible ???
I would say NO. DVD Architect doesn't add anything codec related that's not already in Vegas.

As for the speed, it's hard to say. There could be MANY factors involved.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2009, 09:43 AM   #5
Inner Circle

20 hours? Ouch! A lot depends on what you might have done to the clips. Lots of CC, pan/crop, magic bullet will kill your render times, big transitions, lots of text graphics using the media generators, will definately add to render but 20 hours! Yowzaa!
Old October 20th, 2009, 01:11 AM   #6
New Boot

Dear All,
into these 16 minutes, there are some effects and so on (in any case, not more). But, yesterday evening, I closed all others PC applications. I performed ONLY Vegas 9 and the rendering was (time approximate) 4 hours.
Very well time. Before the night, the percentage was 35%.
But this morning, I had a memory error of Vegas 9, and the rendering process closed. I don't understand why ??? There was only Vegas activated.

The DYNAMIC PREVIEW was ZERO.

Thanks a lot about your helps to understand the problem
Ciao
Old October 20th, 2009, 05:36 AM   #7
Inner Circle

The important thing about the effects is: what effects are you using? Some effects make little difference in rendering. Some effects make a huge difference. You should tell us what effects you are using.

Also, try this: Remove all effects, save the project with a different name then try to render and see if there is a big difference.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 12:54 AM   #8
New Boot

Dear All,

first of all, I've deleted all effects/transitions/and so on, but I've got the same memory error with only Vegas open.
After, I've divided in two part the original video (with effects/transitions/and so on), and with ONLY Vegas 9.0b opened, I've rendered it and it worked.
Before to open the second video part, I've closed Vegas 9.0b, open again and rendered the second part = it worked. Because, when I opened directly the second video, Vegas showed the same memory error.
Finally, I've join the two files .M2T and in 5 minutes I've created my video ...

I hope Vegas solve asap this memory problem.

Thanks a lot to everybody
Ciao
Old October 23rd, 2009, 01:15 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Good job, well done.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...