Vegas Pro 9c update problem with Magic bullet looks at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 28th, 2009, 12:08 AM   #1
Major Player

Vegas Pro 9c update problem with Magic bullet looks

I just updated Vegas to 9c and now when I try to open Magic bullet looks I get the error message "sorry unable to create a suitable preview frame for looksbuilder"
I've updated my graphic card driver and reinstalled magic MBL but that didn't help.
Is anyone else having the same problem have you figured out a fix?

-kaj
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:30 AM   #2
Regular Crew

My MB looks works fine in 9.0c - have you tried it with a different clip? Sometimes a particular file will have trouble previewing.
Peter Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2009, 01:50 AM   #3
Old Boot

Working here too.
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2009, 11:38 AM   #4
Major Player

yes i tried it with various clips. above the word "edit" on the left side it says "register"
i'm wondering if that has something to do with it. the serial # came up automatically after I reinstall then i clicked on done.Do you think i might need another serial number?
Old October 28th, 2009, 02:52 PM   #5
Major Player

Solution to error message for Vegas

Ok so I finally got it to work here's what I did in case anyone else runs into the same problem. I uninstalled Magic bullet looks and then went into the registry and removed any MBL extensions. The reason I did this is because even if you uninstall MBL from the add remove program you won't get rid of the serial number. This needs to be done in order to remove the serial number and any extensions that where left over. Be careful here, DO NOT delete anything other than MBL extensions you should be looking for LooksDX.dll. If you feel uncomfortable messing with the registry I would call MBL tech support to have them help you. If you are impatient like me then continue on at your own risk.

Next I had to uninstall Vegas. You don't need to go into the registry to remove Vegas just use the add remove program from control panel. I then rebooted my system and installed Vegas with the updates then magic bullet looks and presto! Hope this helps.
Old November 5th, 2009, 02:10 AM   #6
Trustee

I suppose all of u are one 32bit Xp? Anyone on Win 7 64bit with MLB+V9c 64bit? Waiting to bite the bullet for a new system but i cant wait much longer. Deciding whether to go for the 64Bit Win 7 Ultimate..
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 07:24 AM   #7
Sponsor: JET DV

Sean, MBL won't work with the 64-bit version of Vegas - no matter if you're on Win7-64 or Vista 64. It will work with the 32-bit versions of Vegas - even if they're installed on a 64-bit OS.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 11:42 AM   #8
Major Player

Now I'm having problems with Vegas after installing 9.0c. Vegas rendering hangs at either 17% or 31%. I've tried different projects but still doesn't work. If I don't use Magic bullet looks it renders fine. I've updated the video card drivers and reinstall both Vegas 9.0c and MBL. Has anyone had the same problem?
I open a trouble ticket with MBL still waiting to hear from them. I might just go back to Vegas
9.0a since it was working fine.
Old November 6th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #9
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
Sean, MBL won't work with the 64-bit version of Vegas - no matter if you're on Win7-64 or Vista 64. It will work with the 32-bit versions of Vegas - even if they're installed on a 64-bit OS.
Thanks for that info Edward.

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...