Undo Buffer problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 31st, 2009, 12:49 AM   #1
Major Player

Undo Buffer problems

I seem to attract problems like rotting fish to flies. Every time I go to use undo I get this message :-

"An error occurred while processing the undo buffer. You should save your work immediately using a new project file name & restart Vegas Pro. The reason for the error could not be determined. "

This has happened about 3 times in the last 5 minutes & you can't carry on editing until you re-save & close. - Aaaarrrggghhh !!

Vegas 8.1 Pro 64 / Sony Viao Win Vista 64 Core 2 Duo P9700 2.8G / 6g Ram / 6Mb cache / 2 ext HDD

I just can't seem to fathom this out. It would also be helpful if these error messages could be copied, to save further waste of time in re-typing. - Perhaps another improvement to the next up-date.

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 05:11 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Ron

I think you have a bad version there or you are just unlucky. I only have ever had that message with Version 9 AFTER it had an error and I had to "Ctrl/Alt/DEl" BUT my message came up only when I restarted Vegas!! I simply gave the file an new name and the software continued happily...Did you actually use undo a lot????? or did the message just come out of the blue???

I started when Vegas 4 came out and apart from one error when it froze cos the audio level was set at infinity in V9, I have never had a crash. It could be something with the 64 bit package or Vista???? All mine from V4 thru to V9 have been 32 bit and on XP Pro.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 06:20 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Chris, well I had probably used undo about 8 times over a 1 hr. period. But since I last posted I had a major crash where the whole screen went pale and there was a little circle like it was rendering but there was no way I could get out of it except by a complete turn off. Even Cont./Alt /Del. had no effect. Fortuneately when I re-booted, Vegas asked me to rename it as it was a recovered version. At least this seemed to work & I did not lose much eiting.

Like you, I have been using the XP 32 bit vers. up till recently with only a few problems, but as this PC is faster, I thought it better to go with it. however, I don't know whether this was such a good move or is it just Vista ?

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 08:04 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

First thing I would try is to shut down Vegas, delete EVERYTHING in the temp folder you have set for Vegas, and maybe even reboot before restarting Vegas.

To be honest, Vegas Pro 8.1 had some serious issues for me that Vegas Pro 9-64 cleaned up. It may be seriously worth considering updating to Vegas Pro 9 if you're going to use the 64-bit version.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...