removing wind rumble at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 20th, 2009, 07:39 AM   #1
Inner Circle

removing wind rumble

I was wondering how to remove wind rumble with Vegas.

I used to use audition but I do not have a functional audition program at the moment!!!

sure could use some simple direction with this i9f it is possible.

Thanks
Old November 20th, 2009, 08:16 AM   #2
Inner Circle

you might try the Track EQ, use #1 and or #2 pulldown a bit to start. You can apply to the clip see how it sounds then set it as a preset and apply it to the track or to the bus.

Do it slow, a little at a time so you don't degrade the voice (if there is any which I assume there is). I've done this in the past but silly me didn't save the preset so I can't remember exactly where I set it. I do have a preset to remove hum from both a shotgun and hypercaroid (camera's preamp noise) and I seem to recall using #2 in the Track EQ to get rid of the wind. You might also be able to kill it with the graphic EQ using the lower end of the spectrum.
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:19 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Dale

I tend to use EQ as Don suggests and just try using pulldown #1 and set the frequency to 400hz and the level to around -12db ...I find that normally kills any rumble but as Don says you can do it in realtime too!! Just have the plugin window on the screen and adjust and test until you get the cutoff you need!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 07:03 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Don, Chris

thank you so much. I ended up using the graphic equalizer, adjusted in real time got it much better and saved the preset!!!

I always appreciate your help, and always read what you post helping others as well because I always pick up something.

Your are an inspiration.

I have been at vegas a year and a half and I wonder if I will ever feel confident!??
Old November 20th, 2009, 08:26 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Hi Dale

I started with Version 4 when I was still shooting 4:3 MiniDV and it's a continuous learning curve but I must admit that I seldom have any issues with Vegas.. it's very tolerant software!! After using a second external monitor which gave me lousy resolution for many years (I ended up just accepting that the external preview was lower quality than the normal Vegas preview window) I found out (on DVInfo of course) that if you drag the preview window onto your second monitor the quality to sharp and great AND when you start the program later, Vegas will remember that the window is in the 2nd monitor and has been resized too. As I'm working mainly with 1080i footage, there are interlacing lines but the quality is there and at least I know whether I need to correct anything before rendering.

You will keep on finding out tons of great features ...try right clicking the audio track and see the huge number of plugins that Vegas has for audio editing!!! (Found that out here too!!) Don is a gem here!!! Always willing to assist!!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 08:56 PM   #6
Inner Circle

I started with version 2 and STILL learn things about it. Not everytime I use it but often enough to realize just how pwerful the program really is.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...