Installed Win 7 nad can't make Vegas to see Magic Bullets plugins at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 24th, 2009, 08:09 PM   #1
Major Player

Installed Win 7 nad can't make Vegas to see Magic Bullets plugins

After Win 7 installation I can't make it to "see" Magic Bullets Editors and HD Look; where the plugins are stored in Vegas???
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 07:43 AM   #2
Regular Crew

spent all day trying the same thing

-no luck, anyone?
Roy Feldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 08:40 AM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

Which version of Vegas? If you installed the 64-bit version of Vegas, it won't see Magic Bullet.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 10:21 AM   #4
Major Player

I installed 64bit version to take full advantage of 64bit system and program (otherwise there would not be any sense to buy win 7); so shall I install 32 bit version on same computer and use it to edit fragments of the video where I need to use Magic Bullets? Will redgiant software be interested in Vegas at all - it looks like they loose their interest in Vegas and focus on Adobe and Apple. Is there nay other similar software/plugin on the market to work like Magic Bullets?
Old November 25th, 2009, 10:28 AM   #5
Inner Circle

There is no Magic Bullet Looks for any 64bit platform. Has nothing to do with Vegas. I am using both the 32bit and 64bit versions of Vegas as needed. Essentially doing all my exposure, cutting, etc., in 64bit, and then opening the project and doing final coloring in 32bit.

This requires some care as it's VERY easy to run out of RAM in the 32 bit version. Sometimes a render in the 64bit version is required to bring a flat file into the 32bit version for coloring.

PITA workaround, but until MB gets a 64bit version, it's just where we are.
Old November 25th, 2009, 10:40 AM   #6
Major Player

That's what I was affraid of; royal PITA;
I am concerned that red giant is loosing thier interest in Vegas, they develop many new things but not for Vegas. Do you know any other plugins on the market I could use for coloration instead of MB?
Old November 25th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Quote:
I am concerned that red giant is loosing thier interest in Vegas, they develop many new things but not for Vegas.
They offer just as much support for Vegas as they've always done.

If you want access to the latest filters, and effects you have three choices.

1. Avid
2. Final Cut
3. Premiere/After Effects.

This is where the market is. This is where the pros are (we are making exceptions for productions that can afford 3-4 months of professional post-color work here), and this is where you need to be if you are concerned. Buy yourself a copy of After Effects, and your problems will be solved. You can even use Vegas as your NLE, and just do your coloring and effects in AE.
Old November 25th, 2009, 11:35 AM   #8
Major Player

that would be tripple-crown royal PITA ;-) -btw. is Premiere supreme than Vegas??? I went to Vegas after years on Premiere...

but you mentioned that you have 32bit version of Vegas installed - do you mean on windows 7 OR you have XP or Vista installed and you are booting different OS when you want to do some coloring
Old November 25th, 2009, 11:45 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Premiere does some things better than Vegas. Vegas does some thing better than Premiere. It's the same with any editor. They all have strengths and weaknesses.

If you want professional results, you have to adopt a professional workflow. And this means that you will be moving your footage among different programs to do certain work. Vegas is very unique in how much it allows you to do inside one program. That architecture has significant limitations as you can see.

In regards to my installation, I have both 32 and 64 bit versions of Vegas on my Win7 machine and 32 and 64 bit versions on my WinXP 64bit laptop. They work together just fine.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...