DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Another upgrade offer on Sony software (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/469729-another-upgrade-offer-sony-software.html)

Mike Kujbida December 20th, 2009 05:19 AM

Another upgrade offer on Sony software

I got an email from Sony the other day with special pricing and free extras on upgrades to Vegas Pro 9, Sound Forge 10 and Acid Pro 7.
It might be enough for a fence sitter to finally take the plunge :-)
Sony Creative Software for the details.

Andy Tejral December 20th, 2009 07:11 AM

Wow, I was going to write how this wasn't a great deal--I thought you had to PAY for the extras. But no, Vegas 9 upgrade, support, and a training DVD for $150

Actually, a pretty darn good deal.

Order placed!

Charles Newcomb December 20th, 2009 01:36 PM

There's a vacant spot on the fence where I fell off. Great deal... couldn't resist, this time.

Bill Koehler December 20th, 2009 04:06 PM

I would say the killer upgrade is going from Vegas Movie Studio to Vegas Pro for $149.95

Sony Creative Software - Online Store - Upgrade to Vegas Pro 9 from Vegas Movie Studio

Jason Robinson December 21st, 2009 05:32 AM

wow from movie studio to pro is a big jump and well worth it at that price.

Marcus Martell December 21st, 2009 08:24 AM

Is it worth to upgrade from 8 to 9 even i don 't edit avchd or Red files?I edit just HD

Andy Tejral December 21st, 2009 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Martell (Post 1462851)
Is it worth to upgrade from 8 to 9 even i don 't edit avchd or Red files?I edit just HD

Not sure if this will answer your question but give it a try:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-hap...grade-8-a.html

David Jasany December 21st, 2009 05:08 PM

So when I received the promo email it put me back on the fence again. And just when I've become comfortable with staying with 8c. I'm even running it (non-supported) on a Windows 7 laptop without any problems, so far.

Does anyone have experience with the Sony Vegas Seminar Series?

I'll probably still stay with 8c because I just don't need the small additions and improvements in 9. However, it remains tempting. I wish there was one thing in 9 that I thought I had to have.

How well does Vegas 9 render work with a large amount of photos? I seem to always have render problems with even resized png photos. .

Marcus Martell December 22nd, 2009 04:08 AM

I'm in your same boat......

Ron Cooper December 22nd, 2009 04:36 AM

Is this for US only ? When I put my Vegas Pro SN for the upgrade, in I got this :

"The serial number you entered is not a valid serial number for this upgrade purchase. Please try again."

???
RonC.

Edward Troxel December 22nd, 2009 07:46 AM

David, photo support was improved in 9.

Ron, my best suggestion is to contact Sony Customer Service and ask them exactly that question.

Jeff Harper December 22nd, 2009 08:44 AM

I have found Vegas 9 to be a waste of money. I find 8 to be faster, and it runs much better overall for me. 9 is buggy and I strongly dislike it, been using it for months, and I keep going back to Vegas 8. If you have extra money to toss around or need the new features, try it. If your money is tight I would recommend not spending it on Vegas 9.

Edward Troxel December 22nd, 2009 09:57 AM

And yet, for others, 9 is working fine.

Andy Tejral December 22nd, 2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Cooper (Post 1463297)
Is this for US only ?

Quote:

Free shipping available only in the continental US via UPS Ground service. Multiple free product offers can not be combined in a single order. Pricing displayed in US Dollars. Customers outside the US may be charged in local currency
This is the fine print from the email. Certainly doesn't say US only.

Dale Guthormsen December 25th, 2009 10:42 AM

Good Morning,

Now I knind of feel ripped!! This is a lot better deal than those of us who pre-ordered back when.

Well, I am glad for those who profit now!! doesn't make me happier!