Group and Ungroup while maintaining Audio/Video grouping at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 29th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #1
Major Player

Group and Ungroup while maintaining Audio/Video grouping

Hi guys,

Can anybody tell me how to ungroup a number of events but maintain the audio/video grouping for each particluar event? In other words I have grouped a number of seperate video events but now I need to make some edits. When I go and ungroup or clear, the audio is no longer grouped with the corresponding video for each event. Many thanks.

Kevin
Kevin Janisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2009, 07:23 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Simply select and regroup the audio & video as required.
Steve Renouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 07:48 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I might not understand your post, it is not clear to me. I'm thinking you might need to use the "ignore event grouping button" in this case.

Turn if off after your done.
Attached Images

Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 09:59 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks Steve and Jeff for the replies. Steve, I know of the regrouping function, and this is fine for 5 or so events, but what about when you have numerous events, 30+. What a time waste.

Jeff, what I'm asking is, lets say you group a section of events, 30 events or so and later need to adjust an edit. I have to ungroup the group but then all the video and audio events are not grouped. I was wondering if there was a way to automatically re-group associated video and audio files without manually doing it. Many thanks

Kevin
Old January 2nd, 2010, 09:23 AM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

Kevin, look at what Jeff is saying. By using the "Ignore Event Grouping" button, you can adjust a single event WITHOUT AFFECTING THE GROUPING. Just click the Ignore Event Grouping button, adjust that one event as needed, and then click the Ignore Event Grouping button again. Now those 30+ events are STILL grouped but you've managed to adjust that ONE event you wanted adjusted separately.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:00 PM   #6
Major Player

Thanks Edward, I'm away from my production machine at the moment but doesn't ignore grouping also ignore the association between matching audio and video?
Old January 3rd, 2010, 07:29 AM   #7
Sponsor: JET DV

Yes. But if you're only wanting to adjust one video/audio pair, it's really simply to click the video, ctrl-click the audio, and proceed from there moving that one pairing.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 08:14 PM   #8
Major Player

Thanks Edward, I really appreciate it!
Old February 1st, 2010, 02:40 PM   #9
Major Player

What would be helpful to know is exactly what kind of "edit" are you trying to do. That might cause us to recommend one method over another.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...